ZIP to SIMM adapter for the A3000D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to upgrading my RAM! I did have a couple questions:

1) Is there anything I should look for (or avoid) when buying a 16MB SIMM for the adapter?

2) Once the adapter is installed, do you recommend I remove my Z2 8MB expansion card? Will it hurt performance to leave it in since it's not a Z3 card?

Thanks!

Hello,

thanks for your questions! So, 1) nothing special, standard simm 72 pin from 90' are ok! Size from 4mb to 16mb or 32mb (in this last case, just 16 mb will be recognized); 2) the system work, more or less in this way (and you do not need to think about this), the fastest memory is recognized with the highest priority; then, if it is consumed, the other one will be used; if you detach the Z2 memory, you lose the last option!

Best regards
Stefano

Last edited:
Are you making more?
I am interested in one adapter for A3000D with support for 16MB.

Thank you

Hello,

there is another one for sale, ready!
If you are interested, please, tell me if your motherboard is in the original A3000 desktop case, or not.

On PM, if you wish.

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

adapter already sent to armitage!
Replied on PM to jim_Oregon.

Others adapters will be made. Please, declare your interest!

Regards
Stefano

Item arrived today. Will hopefully get it installed this weekend and then will leave feedback. Thanks!

Hello,

'DarrenHD', i am going to build at least another one! Please, wait! You are first in line.
I will post pictures of the new batch here, as soon as possible.

Regards
Stefano

Got my adapter installed today and it works great! Thanks, Stefano!

Installed:
iLmTZMDl.jpg

Lots of clearance:
JzAfUYFl.jpg

In business!
Ic8CJ1cl.jpg

Hello,

sorry for this long delay! I was forced out of Internet for a while!

The item will be sent today!

Thanks!

Another one will be made in this days.

@Armitage, many thanks for your reply!

Hi Stefano,

Your adapter is working fine in my Amiga 3000. Your instructions are elaborate and with a little care the adapter is installed in minutes. I got it installed within the first go.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Stefano,

Your adapter is working fine in my Amiga 3000. Your instructions are elaborate and with a little care the adapter is installed in minutes. I got it installed within the first go.

pitty these adapers are only for the A3000....? i have a Retina graphics card with Zip ram 16 zip sockets.....for 2m setup....8 sockets are used if you have 1meg.....8 if you have 4 meg......i also have a AlphaData thet uses zip ram for fast ram....

Interested in one card with logic (16mb), sending PM...

Hello,

if your request was already on this thread, may be, you are first in line. There is a new part on sale, but please wait a little.

Best regards
Stefano

Last edited:
Hello,

the part on sale is this

DCP_9349.jpg

please, pay attention that there is a type of simm that is shorter, if you plan to put this adapter on the original desktop case.

I have sent a PM to amigo-mexicano.

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

the adapters on sale are now two, same look! I think, they fit properly on a A3000D, if the simm is shorter (look at the picture on previouse post).
Please declare your interest, i can't wait anymore! I need to sell.

Regards
Stefano

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

postage is now 5 Eur, as Priority Mail.

Cheers
Stefano

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom