ZIP to SIMM adapter for the A3000D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

if solaris is still interested, this adapter is ready to be sent.
Otherwise, Amigo-Mexicano that is, more or less, second in line.

Postage to Mexico, with tracking, is about 12-13 Euro; to Germany, less, about 6-8 Eur.
If less cost, i will send refund.

Cheers
stefano

Hello,

about improvement on speed on ram-access, with this device, i have spooked about 'setramsey'. It won't work; there is speedRamsey, but it needs Ramsey rev G (from A4000): it works with 60ns simm and there is an improvement of 10% on speed of the computer. Anyway this adapter is for A3000D, that is equipped with a different revision of Ramsey. You need to check compatibility with DMac.
On my A3000D there is a Ramsey G, from an unknow A4000D: i will do test and post here results.

Cheers
Stefano

Last edited:
Hello,

i have installed 'SpeedRamsey' (it is on AMINET). Look at the pictures: the new setup requires 60ns memory SIMM.

Values before...

no_speed_aibb.jpg

no_speed_sysinfo.jpg

...and after...

speed_ramsey.jpg

speed_aibb.jpg

speed_sysinfo.jpg

On sysInfo the comparison is done with an A3000 with the fastest ZIP parts.

Remember, 'Ramsey' from Amiga 4000 is needed (rev G), because rev D doesn't this function...and now you can say 'goodbye' to the ZIP sticks.

I ask to the users that has declared interest, at least, to declare his decision to leave this sale.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

this good piece of hardware is still for sale. there is two pieces on sale.

Regards
Stefano

Declaring interest in 1 piece of A3000 memory adapter including logic chip supporting 16MB memory.

Hello,

received payment from nvana; the adapter will be sent ASAP.
Another part is for idav.

The two adapter now on sale are pictured here.

Please, with this adapter avoid this

simm_issue.jpg

Regards
Stefano

Attachments

• DCP_9310.JPG
    DCP_9310.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP_9311.JPG
    DCP_9311.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 1
Looks like I was too late but I am declaring interest in 1 A3000 ZIP-to-SIMM adapter including logic chip supporting 16MB memory if you do another run of them.

Hello,

the two adapters are gone to nvana and idav. To others, please wait a little and stay tuned to this thread.
I state armitage as first in line for the next part done.

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

feedback left for the boths buyers. Item for nvana already sent. idav please wait a little (end of festivity!).

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

sent today the adapter for user idav.

I will return here when new part are ready. I consider the last request as first in line.

Regards
stefano

Hi!
Received today the adapter. Now 2 challenges, find a free slot to spend time on my A3000 and try to put it in the right way :)

Hi!
Received today the adapter. Now 2 challenges, find a free slot to spend time on my A3000 and try to put it in the right way :)

Hello,

keep me informed; so, tell me everything (the good and the worst, if the case)!

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

i have done two new adapters. They look very well, with a semi-transparent look! Good for the new owners!...and, there is another different thing...watch the pictures!

I ask to the users of this board, if they have declared interest in the past, at least to declare to leave this sale.

Another important thing: tell me if you are in needing of a strenght angled simm socket (to use on the original case of the A3000D), or if a vertical one is ok.

Thanks in advance.

Price is 40 Eur each + postage (about 7 Eur inside Europe).

Regards
Stefano

Attachments

• DCP_9328.JPG
    DCP_9328.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DCP_9330.JPG
    DCP_9330.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Still interested in one adapter for A3000D with support for 16MB! PM to follow.

Hello,

'armitage' you are first in line. I will send PM with infos about cost of the postage.

Another adapter is for sale.

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

the buyer can specify if the adapter will go in a A3000D inside a PC tower: in this case the adapter will be sent with a simm socket not angled, but vertical, if not a problem!

One adapter is still for sale.

Regards
Stefano

Hello,

received payment from 'armitage'! The adapter pictured will be sent ASAP.

Another one is on sale: you can specify if you are in need of a solution that fit on a A3000D case, or not!

This adapter has a semi-transparent look! ...And look strong enough for your A3000D!

Cheers

Last edited:
Looking forward to upgrading my RAM! I did have a couple questions:

1) Is there anything I should look for (or avoid) when buying a 16MB SIMM for the adapter?

2) Once the adapter is installed, do you recommend I remove my Z2 8MB expansion card? Will it hurt performance to leave it in since it's not a Z3 card?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom