manic23

Only Amiga Makes it Happen
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Country
United Kingdon
Region
Bromley, Kent
I have a Mac Plus that cannot read 1.44mb floppy's, I am after Macintosh System 7.0.1 on 800k floppy's, either the real thing or floppy images. I can't for the life of me find 800k versions anywhere on the web, there are tons of 1.44mb images but not 800k.

Can anyone help?

Have you looked on this? http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/apple-legacy-software-recovery-cd

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm i just checked those CD. It doesn't seem to have them but a net install is possible as is a 'make floppies'.

But even according to Apple's own site :

Question:
How can I get System 7.0.1 on 800K disks?

Answer:
System software version 7.0.1 is not available on 800K disks.

Out of curiosity what's the advantage of 7.0.1 to 7.0?

Last edited:
Thanks for your time in checking the CD sputnik very nice of you. I did have a look at those I think when I was searching for 7.0.1 and like you could not see the 800k versions. I am not really sure what advantage there is over 7.0 apart from a few bug fixes and other small improvements. I'm the kind of person that likes to have the best available even if I'm not ally sure what the differences are LOL.

I hear different things from different people, some say that 7.0.1 was available on 800k disks, other say it wasn't, but from what I read a lot of sites seem to say that 7.0.1 or 6.0.8 is best for the Mac Plus.

By the way, can I ask what CD has the net install on it? might be worth checking that out if there is a make floppy option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom