Tapuino, the $20 C64 Tape Emulator

If CapFuture1975 sends me a pull request, I could add this as a compile option.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Just tried to record with the Tapuino from my Easy Flash 3 using AR and it recorded it ok but when played it back it didn't load it,it like its missing abit at the end.

I have firmware 2.5.0..?

Recording is extremely sensitive to the speed of your sd card. Can you try some others? Also are you using a turbo loader?

Yes turbo for the Action Replay,I don't know what class my sd card is,I have had it a long time,its microsd 2gb card. I have a look later. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Donkey Kong Junior

It has a gap at the beginning and loads all the way to the end but don't load and its like its missing abit at the end.

This game is made by Mr Sid. but not the tap loader.you can find the tap file in this post http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53930&start=45&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Can anyone answer this,please,is it because the way the Tap has been made,all the other Tap files I have tried load fine in Tapuino..?

I have no idea why this isn't working. TAP playback is generally pretty solid, with recording (especially extreme turbo modes) being more likely to have issues. I'm travelling but will attempt to have a look at this when I get back. It could be that this has been saved in a v2 tap format or something that is not properly supported.

I have fixed it its working ok now It had 4 pules at the the beginning of the file and it was making it think it load when the music finish,I had to covert it into a wav file to change it in Cool edit pro v2 and and 7 sec gap at the end i had to remove.

loads ok now..;) Here it is https://mega.nz/#!xcVnlLyB!GU9lkUF_omB5xeISJ4xFuczt7gjR1UVxdzocCKsS9dY try the old one first and you will see what I mean it will not load it. This is only the PAL version,I can do the NTSC version if anyone wants it,that might load ok don't know..??

Last edited:
Does anyone sell the board complete or in kit that I can assemble.

Hey, I've just assembled my tapuino kit which I got last April from spcbm (I know... took me a while...!:LOL:). Everything works great, thank you very much for your hard work sweetlilmre and everyone else who has contributed to this awesome project! Just have a quick question... From what I can understand from reading here and there, the Datassette counter feature is still not applied so for example if a game like Turrican or Midnight Resistance asks to reset the counter etc, that's not possible yet. I'm just asking in case it is there and I cannot find it...! :p

Hi, glad you like it. Unfortunately I never got around to adding the counter functionality to the firmware. I had some ideas around this but life has become so busy that I have little time to work on the Tapuino code.

I see... Still Tapuino is awesome as it is. Maybe someone else could pick up the code in the future and implement the feature. :) Thank you very much for your fast reply! :) :)

Back
Top Bottom