Help identifying some hardware

gavilan

Amiga user & abuser since 1988
AmiBayer
Country
Argentina
Region
Buenos Aires
Hello my friends: before selling this...i need your help to identify properly some hardware stuff that i still have

I have already looked in Amiga Hardware Book and in Amiga Database with no luck.

So, please, if you can provide some info of what the device is, what is use for, what are those cables, where do they go connected/soldered, etc etc, it will be much help not only for me but for potential buyers as well

Kind Regards
Sebastian

Pictures would help (y)

Dave G :cool:

It's a... it's a.... It's a post to say he's back with us all again. :)

Good to see you around Seb. Post a pic or two & we'll help if we can. ;)

Best Wishes,

Charlie

@ davideo

ROFL! :thumbsup2:

@ woodycool

No m8. The material on said 8mm film. ;)

Kin

Gee...what i was thinking!!!
Well, here goes the pics

we are talking here about 3 different miggy pieces:

1) It says "Power Computing". I tried with no luck in all the famous Amiga places...

Here are the pics for the first one

Iwill really apreciate any help on this. If pics dont help, i can take more. The thing that is more intriguint to me is the cable loose. Do i have to sold it anywhere? Where does it go???? (Im talking about the long green one)

My guess is that this goes on the trapdoor of the A500, and that it has to replace some chip and put the chip on top of it (see one of the pics that clears this), but after that, i have absolutely no clue why/where/when/what for i bought this. Im sure its some kind of Ram expansion + some more that i have no clue...

Of course, any kind of owners manual/shematics/how to will be just perfect as well (y)

Attachments

• PowerCompu.jpg
    PowerCompu.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PowerCompu8.jpg
    PowerCompu8.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 1
  • PowerCompu7.jpg
    PowerCompu7.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 1
  • PowerCompu6.jpg
    PowerCompu6.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PowerCompu5.jpg
    PowerCompu5.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PowerCompu4.jpg
    PowerCompu4.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PowerCompu3.jpg
    PowerCompu3.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PowerCompu2.jpg
    PowerCompu2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 4
  • PowerComput.jpg
    PowerComput.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 1
Now, time for item 2)

Im guessing the sas before: some kind of ram expansion + some more that i dont know.

I dont know the company that did this
(i can read something that sounds german to me, but its written in "reversed" mode, so its kind of difficult)

Again, i cant remember when/why/where i bought this, but it lacks any instructions manual but it has its similarities with the item 1), but also has a RTC battery (no leaking but i will remove it for sure once you guys tell me what exactly is and does this card)

Also, nd again as the card before, where does the loose wire go???

Attachments

• Alemano6.jpg
    Alemano6.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Alemano5.jpg
    Alemano5.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Alemano4.jpg
    Alemano4.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 0
  • Alemano3.jpg
    Alemano3.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 0
  • Alemano2.jpg
    Alemano2.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Alemano1.jpg
    Alemano1.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Alemano.jpg
    Alemano.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 1
And finally, time for item 3)

This item is some kind of Amiga hack for the A1200. Yes, i know, my fault, i cant remember when/where/why i got this...only remember it belonged to some aussie guy (im sure it was/is an AmiBay member)...but also, dont have a clue where the loose cable goes, if i had to solder it, stick it anywhere...etc etc

For me, its some kind of hack that would let me use a CF card on my A1200, but it also has the 4o pin + power supply on the opposite side + mystery wire... :D

So again, any help....(y)

Attachments

• australiano8.jpg
    australiano8.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 3
  • australiano7.jpg
    australiano7.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 1
  • australiano6.jpg
    australiano6.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 2
  • australiano5.jpg
    australiano5.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 1
  • australiano4.jpg
    australiano4.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1
  • australiano3.jpg
    australiano3.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 1
  • australiano2.jpg
    australiano2.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 0
  • australiano1.jpg
    australiano1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 1
  • australiano.jpg
    australiano.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 0
  • australiano9.jpg
    australiano9.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1
Item #3 looks like a CF to IDE adaptor, and I suspect the mystery wire is for the activity LED

Excellent!! I couldnd find it anywhere!!!! and its sme kind of weird that the comany name was writeen in this funny way!

anyway..where does the other white wire go to??? Only on the first pic it clearly shows the second white wire. but on the Hi Res pics, non second white cable is seen, so i have absolutely no idea where this cable is supposed to go...same thing on item 1.

Also, if i dont put the 0.5 ram, can i have 1.5 Ram or is it mandatory that i put the other 0.5 ram??

Do i need any special version of Agnus in order to make it work???

Oh dear, so so many questions, and my lack of memory by today is outstanding... gee...been a while outside amigaland, and when i come back, cant remember almost anything!!! :oops:

Thank you guys for the quick responses!! Now lets put tha texpansions to work!!!! (y)

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Item #3 looks like a CF to IDE adaptor, and I suspect the mystery wire is for the activity LED

Meaning...i can use the adaptor without the needing of the cable?

If i want to use it, should i stick it to the leds cables on the A1200 case or in any other special place??

(y)

Meaning...i can use the adaptor without the needing of the cable?

If i want to use it, should i stick it to the leds cables on the A1200 case or in any other special place??

(y)
I'm not 100% sure, but it very much looks like that to me.
It does also look like that unit has been modified though, as there's evidence of cables being joined ;)

The first two look like A500 RAM expansions. I guess the trailing bit is a 'Gary adapter' to provide some missing address lines from the trapdoor slot.

The third looks like a IDE to CompactFlash adapter.

Back
Top Bottom