Hey,

Hoping someone has some advice, I've been struggling for a while now to get my Jaws 1 (MK1 not the Jaws II) to work properly.
This is the model in question: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/gvp1230mk1

To cut a long story short I had this for ages sitting in a box unused as I never had the memory and recently I sourced two proper GVP sims from different suppliers (1 x 16mb and 1 x 4mb)

However I am stuck, I cannot get either or both to register with the board.

The board will boot, register and under sysinfo list the 68030 /40 on my 1200 but no matter what combination of memory I try or jumpers I cant get it to pick any up.

I know the largest is meant to be in slot 1, tried that, then in slot 2. Then I tried the 4mb one on it's own in both slots still no joy.

his concerns me a bit as it should pick the 4mb without too much fuss, I know the 16mb one needs J5 open so the board knows there is a 16mb module.

From much searching the net I know the "correct" jumpers should be set as follows:

J1 - OFF (For 68030)
J2 - ON (RESERVED)
J3 - OFF (RESERVED)
J4 OFF (RESERVED)
J5 OFF (ON No 16MB SIMMS) / OFF 16MB SIMMS PRESENT
J6 RESERVED (OFF)
CN4 RESERVED (2-3)
CN5 (ON 1-2 : 4k REFRESH DRAM 16M) / OFF 2-3 : 2k REFRESH DRAM 16M
CN6 RESERVED (1-2)
CN7 RESERVED (2-3)

One weird thing I noticed is when I put a jumper on J5 (with no memory and with the 4mb only in) the system would not boot.

Anyone out there with any ideas, does it sound like a problem with the board? I dont have access to another 1200 to test it with but could it be my 1200? It's a model 1D4 I believe.

Power is not an issue, I've been using my old A500 PSU on it and besides it detects the card.

Also since I took that picture I have given it a proper alcohol clean so it's spotless and nothing appears to be leaking or damaged on the board.

Would love to get the card working to get a bit of a step up from my blizzard card otherwise I might consider trading the ram in / selling them and then the card for spares (pretty sure the cpu and other bits might be of use to someone out there). But that's my very last resort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GVP A1230 03040 jumpers small.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	73985