Anyone here program on a regular basis?

Hi,
I had started my programming experience in early 90 with Amiga CDTV.
I learned AMOS, and was trying to write Office like package. I designed own GUI, was trying to write something like Word,Access,... but after few years abandoned it. Even if I did not release any software, I gained experience. Then thanks to Amiga I started my MSc Software Eng studies. Learned assembler, C, Java,... using both PC and Amiga. I graduated MSc in Parallel and Distributed Computing. Worked in Web portal writing our own web servers, email servers, PHP language extensions including object based PHP. I was developing under SunOS, Linux. Now I'm MS Windows kernel drivers developer. I'm writing drivers for Intel hardware.
And I still use my first CDTV,... and recently purchased some more Amigas ... A500, A1200.

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_Z00AD przy użyciu Tapatalka

I had my first programming experience in the late 80s on a Commodore 64 in BASIC. Then made my way through various Basic dialects on other systems (AmigaBasic, Blitz Basic 2...). Eventually I got a PC and learned some C++, had some fun with Python+Pygame, and today I enjoy developing games for PCs with the Godot Engine.
Only recently I started to learn 6502 Assembly. Back then, when I first had a C64, I was way too young for that. But today I find it surprisingly fun to learn, and an interesting challenge, since it's requires completely different approaches compared to the more modern languages that I 'm used to. If I stick at it, I have a few projects in mind that might be fun to try.

Reviving this almost 5 years on. I missed the last few posts which were years apart from the last time I posted here.

What's everyone up to these days?

Time does fly for reason....

I have email the man about PowerBasic that I have lost exe files and Hopefully I get it back :)

Just wondering what Basic programming language or advance programming language do you used now for pc? Freebasic? LUA? AOZ Studio(basically AMOS or STOS and added bit of own basic langauge to it).

There always new Programming language come out every year as I am not always updated to knowing if there new one coming out to try it as there is too many progamming langague right now compare to 30 years ago!

There is BlitzMax NG and also new Blitz 3D NG and you all should watch out for Blast 3D(dunno when come out)...

Ultra Engine( Basically Leadwerk 2 as their benchmark is 10 x time faster than Unity 5!) as I would like demo of it before paying the moneys thought!

For C++, it got SDL or SFML (Much better one and more cleaner code!) and C# SFML too as bit easier than C++ SFML....

Raylib on Engine Chart is in top 10 Already!

Assembler? I am not sure if anyone does that now unless if you coding Amiga or ST or whatever.

I work for the NHS as a BI developer right now so SQL is the language I'm most using with a bit of Javascript that's built into the BI tool we use. Outside of this, I still do a bit of Java and Objective C but I don't feel like I've touched a real language in any significant way since I started this role before the pandemic 3 years ago.

I need to update myself to Swift, and C++ and assembly are on my list of things to learn still.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom