commodorejohn

Shameless recidivist
Rating - 100%
22   0   1
Country
United States
Region
Minnesota
So I have a couple computers now with SCSI ports, and CD software for at least one of them. Unfortunately, while I have a couple interal SCSI CD drives salvaged from some broken Performas, I sold my only SCSI drive enclosure with my Apple IIGS. So what I'm looking for now is either a 5.25" external SCSI enclosure, or just a SCSI CD-ROM drive.

This would be old-style SCSI with the DB25 connector on the computer end. If the enclosure has a Centronics connector I'll need a cable as well. Also, would I need a terminator, or does that depend on the nature of the enclosure?

Hey John,

I know I have some single and double SCSI enclosures at the house. I'll have to see what type connectors they have. I'll let you know.

Take care,

Heather

Hey John,

This is the only enclosure that I have. There's a tape drive in it at the moment, but I'm sure I can take that out. I have not tested it yet.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Heather

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0
John and I have come to a tentative trade through PM. I want to test everything this weekend before we move ahead with the deal. :)

Thanks!

Heather

Working on a deal with John via PM. I tested the enclosure and it works great! I'm also including this cable in the deal. On the plus side, I found three SCSI controllers in my cache of PC cards. :)

Heather

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 0
John shipped his traded items to me yesterday and I sent the SCSI enclosure and cable to him today. We'll update the thread once we receive the items.

Heather

Well, John doesn't say much in his threads (am I having a conversation with myself?), but he does a great job via PM. :) I received the item he sent in trade today and I'm now waiting for him to receive the package I sent. Updates to come.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom