AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
QuakeII Timedemo just for some fun!

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KckD9zKzh6I[/m]

I'm using pci usb /ide combo card as no fix.

i dont really get this steve.

the timedemo dont load anything while its running does it? so whats the advantage apart from maybe loading times.

Yes Roy it does load the level, that's the little bit of text you see for a couple of seconds but that wasn't the point of the timedemo, that was just for fun I was just booting the SSD for the first time to see if it worked lol.

The Mechanical drive died shortly before. It had a good life and ran all of the Revival weekend :D

Hey Steve!
I finally got around to playing with your (ex) uA1 last night. Got AOS4.1 installed on an SSD. Although for some reason the update 2 messed it up so Ill have to redo it when I have more time. So far, I'm very impressed with its basic Workbench performance! I didnt think sop much about OS4.1 till now, but seeing its so better integrated than the messy classics OS's....quite pleasantly surprised

I've started to recase it...when its complete enough Ill post a new thread showing it....I was so excited when I got the new case a day ago!

Good to see a new vid from you! :)

cya!

Nice one, what case did you get?

I couldn't help myself....I got one of Loriano's x500 cases :)
Not cheap but I think worth every penny....its a terrific case

I couldn't help myself....I got one of Loriano's x500 cases :)
Not cheap but I think worth every penny....its a terrific case

Cool, let us know how it turn out. :)

Hey Steve can you post the model of this ide, usb combo pci card? Thanks.

Is this any help? If not I can pull the card later.

USB-IDE.jpg

Was getting a lot of dsi errors with the SSD, not sure if it's the 40-44 adapter but went back to a proper hdd and all is fine again.

Weird. The SSD was in my uA1 and was rock solid but that takes 44way direct. I miss my uA1 but it's nice to have a proper graphics card...

Back
Top Bottom