Closed Spectrum IDE adaptor Rev 3.1E (4 Kits Available) £25 each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fasman, from what I am aware the do not work on a Grey+2. They only work on a +2a or b, or a +3

Actually they do work on every spectrum you only need to put the pera putnik rom and change the jumpers accordingly.

@John
Sadly so my friend, but I am pleased that they have gone to a good home =)

@FaSMaN
Hi do these work on the grey 128k +2 spectrums aswell?

Indeed it can, as Pluto63 states, all you need to do is change the jumper configuration and replace the ROM to Pera's PPROM. It is a lot more involved, as such I have not had the time to dedicate to develop guides / software etc.

@John
Sadly so my friend, but I am pleased that they have gone to a good home =)

@FaSMaN
Hi do these work on the grey 128k +2 spectrums aswell?

Indeed it can, as Pluto63 states, all you need to do is change the jumper configuration and replace the ROM to Pera's PPROM. It is a lot more involved, as such I have not had the time to dedicate to develop guides / software etc.

Nice, thank you for the quick reply :) ,will have to keep my eyes open for one lol maybe one day :p

Mine arrived today!
Somehow it survived the postal strike and made it through :) The box was well battered but thanks to the excellent bubble packaging the contents survive unscathed.
I can't wait to give this a go. The manual is excellent and I am a very happy customer.
Thank you Zetr0!

Feedback left!

declaring interest if there is one available, next inline ofcourse!
i read all thread but the age made me lost. please pm me when is my turn and if there is one available
thanks

Mine arrived today!
Somehow it survived the postal strike and made it through :) The box was well battered but thanks to the excellent bubble packaging the contents survive unscathed.
I can't wait to give this a go. The manual is excellent and I am a very happy customer.
Thank you Zetr0!

Feedback left!

You are most welcome my friend, I had worried that it had been a while since it was sent, I am very pleased that it is with you =)

If you have any problems, concerns or questions, please just let me know.

declaring interest if there is one available, next inline ofcourse!
i read all thread but the age made me lost. please pm me when is my turn and if there is one available
thanks

Hello Juri,

Sadly I do not have any more at the moment, but I will be making a new version in January.

If you would like to learn more about the project, what it can do for you and your system(s), then please just have a look here

Hi,

I started installing and the manual is pretty good!
Some minor issues:

1. Suggestion: one of the mainboard screw holes is covered by the host board on my +2B. Unfortunately I missed that and have installed the board. The screw will remain out as removal of the host board is not something I want to do :) Perhaps a small addition to the manual advising that: the main board should be reattached to the case before installing the host?
  2. The jumpers under the CPU socket stick out enough that I can't seat the CPU completely flat in the socket. I used some sharp clippers to slightly reduce the jumper height, its still not perfect but much better. I'm hoping that the contact is sufficient.
  3. The power cable came pre-tinned but that made the cables too thick to get through the vias. Just clipped off and re-soldered them up.
  4. The IDE cable seems to be "inverted" with respect to the CF card board. It fits, but sticks out 'forward' i.e. towards the card, not backwards towards the host. Not a major issue, I just separated the cable into sets of 4 wires as per suggestion and now it seems flexible enough.

I want to hot glue the CF board in (+2B layout). However the CF card won't be easily removable after this as there is little clearance. How can I pre-load all the apps / games etc. from a PC? aha just found it: http://www.tech-shack.com/forum/index.php
Off to the shops to get some more glue-sticks (seems my daughter used them all up for an art project!)

-(e)

Thanks for the feedback sweetlilmre

Future version(s) won't have these drawbacks.

If you are having trouble with jumpers you can remove the base plastic with a small set of pliers, plce the jumper over the prongs and cut off (with some nail clippers) what you don't need.

Sadly when these were manufactured, some of them were not height adjusted to the notes that I had made on fabrication.

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I finally got a chance to test today. One scary moment with the IDE cable plugged in the wrong way (!) and then all was good.
Played a few games of Bombjack, it was awesome.
Thanks again Zetr0 and have a very merry xmas / festive season :)
-(e)

I am about to place a new order for some kits - expect some news on this very soon =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom