fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi peeps, I'm new to this bit of kit. I bought one but it didn't come with any documentation.

Do I need to convert the ADF's to play them or can I just bung them on a memory stick?

I don't even know what the buttons do, I can't find a manual or guide online (must admit I've not tried terribly hard tho)

Any help appreciated (y)

ps. It's going in an A1200 with 4Mb Ram and internal DVDRW, should make a nice little project for events.

Steve.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol ok I found this - was confused by the web url <_<

https://cortexamigafloppydrive.wordpress.com/

Not sure if you still need help. Here's the quicky: put SELECTOR.ADF on the root, then put ADF files anywhere you wish. Boot Amiga, your Gotek should boot from slot 0 (indicated by LED display). Selector/loader will be loaded from slot 0. Select which ADF you want in which slot. Select save/reset option, wait a bit, Amiga will reboot and the Gotek will immediately switch to slot 1. With the button closer to you, you will select previous slot, with the button further from you, you will select next slot. With both buttons pressed you will select slot 0.

Gotek remembers everything when you select save, so if you change something on your USB stick afterwards (like remove ADFs that are assigned to particular slot) and your Gotek seems dead, just overwrite SELECTOR.ADF and select slot 0.

Thanks for the info B00mer ;)

Do I just use Fat32 formatted USB stick?

Hi Steve,

I had to modify my a1200 outer casing to allow the gotex to be accessible in taking the old floppys position.

There is a device you can buy from ebay which allows you to use the gotek in the external drive port, mounting the gotek as df1: - it is next to useless as most games require the gotek to be mounted as df0:

Btw, you can check two videos featuring Gotek emulator and Amiga 600 that I bought from you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4iNOGEmXYI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhgMfiSbUnQ

Thanks, I'll check them out :)

Hi Steve,

I had to modify my a1200 outer casing to allow the gotex to be accessible in taking the old floppys position.

There is a device you can buy from ebay which allows you to use the gotek in the external drive port, mounting the gotek as df1: - it is next to useless as most games require the gotek to be mounted as df0:

I already have cut the case from my old SCSI card reader which is why I though the Gotek would go nice there :)

Hi Steve,

That's why I use my gotek and the adapter on my CDTV it see`s it as DF0 !! this is because of the unique Floppy port arrangement external port is DFO :

its brill plays nearly everthing , CDTV and gotek all the way :)

Last edited:
The ICD Shuffle Board allowed you to use external drives in the A500 and A1000 as DF0 instead of the internal one.

shuffleboard.jpg
http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=383

I wonder if this would work in the A600 or A1200. With all the Gotek drives out there, there may be enough interest for a new batch to be made.

Heather

Thats interesting heather - slightly late for me as I have dremelled my A1200 (Snow white) case !!

Gotek Floppy Emulator - How to use it?

Please don't cut up Amigas for fitting goteks :'(

Last edited:
Please don't cut up Amigas for fitting goteks :'(

it was done very neatly ! the usefulness of the gotek over-ruled the a1200 case !

Last edited:
Hey guys, thought I'd share some feedback on the Gotek. I'm really pleased with it. Very simple device to use and seems to work really well, I had some problems formatting an ADF and I think copying data might corrupt as I got a read error on an ADF I made via the Gotek, anyone else get this? Maybe a bug in the writing.

But reading works creat and I love the way you can assign your 999 Disks and it saves them as a list. Once done you can just keep a printed list with you and play your games. Simples.

This could explain it:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75813

Looks like the Gotek has some issues writing to ADF's, probably I have corruption.

I'll try to run the Emulator direct from Workbench to see if that works, if so then I'll create the ADF within Workbench then transfer the finsished ADF to the Gotek!

It would be better to run it from boot Disk in the long term :)

I'll try to run the Emulator direct from Workbench to see if that works, if so then I'll create the ADF within Workbench then transfer the finsished ADF to the Gotek!

Keep us updated my friend :)

Sorry to have to revive a thread this old, but the title is appropiate for my problem, so why make a new one? :)

I recently received my pre-flashed gotek. I've formatted an 8 Gb usb stick as FAT32, and I've copied the adf files as supplied on the (cutely small!) cd onto the stick. Selector.adf is at the root.

If I boot (A500, btw), the gorek display says 000, as expected, but nothing happens and the LED on the stick keeps flashing. I'm stuck at the blue/white boot screen (Amiga Workbench v1.2). What can I do/try?

Back
Top Bottom