LSI1024 programming service needed

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Guys, is there anyone that can program the LSI1024 for me, as Kipper never got back to me. You see my GBA1000 is useless if I can't get the LSI1024 programed, as I have 2 of them (I can program the GALS but not the Lattice chip)..

Mike..

Last edited:
I think if you check the GBA thread there was a member saying he could do it. I think it was in the first 10pages I noticed, it may have been Hese (but don't quote me on that!)

Thanks for the info. I have PM'ed him..

Last edited:
Guys I bought this to program the ISP Lattice chip. But which connections should I use. You see, so far I have soldered a 68 pin PLCC socket to the proto board and connected all the VCC together and GND too. But not sure about the others to the chip. Can someone use the pic to mark the connections please..

Thx...

Attachments

• HW-USBN-2A.jpg
    HW-USBN-2A.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 3
  • isp2.gif
    isp2.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Other than the power and ground, you'll need to connect these pins between the programmer and the ispLSI1024 chip:

Programmer <-> chip
SCK/TMS <-> IN2/SCLK (pin 49)
Mode/TMS <-> IN3/MODE (pin 55)
SDI/TDI <-> SDI/IN0 (pin 21)
SDO/TDO <-> SDO/IN1 (pin 34)

You'll also need to connect ISPEN_ (pin 19) of the chip to GND.

PS
Please note that this programmer would support the "ispLSI1024", but not the older variants "pLSI1024" or "LSI1024".

Thanks so much. But one question, why would the ISPEN go to GND. Should it go to PROG on the programmer instead..

Last edited:
Hi britlold, have you been successful with your lsi programming? I bought the same lattice programmer, it should be here in a few weeks.

Thanks

Not yet, cos I've made another adapter. I just need to solder the other wires to it (Changed the 10 pin header too). Then I'll program the chip....

Update.
Here's my Lattice program adapter that I've remade, and it looks nice and tidy now. Plus has a 3 pin header now, so I can connect the isp-en to the GND (on the chip) or the prog (on the programmer) That way I can find which connection works by changing the jumper....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom