Staff member
Staff Moderator
Blogger
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
with my limited eyesight and maplins £15 soldering iron

another A500+ green screen, so.. what the hell I'll have a go.

got my magnifying glass and googled A500+ schematics.

30 mins later and after removing the battery, cleaning up and picking off all the hard green off the 74L chips near where the battery was. I started to meter all of the tracks.

I found 2 broken tracks right at the pins U12 , bridged the chip to the "other" solder pads nearby (test points ??)

and plugged in and powered on and what a lovely sight no more green screen. :D

happy bunny,, Iv'e just goto find a replacement FDD now as df0: does not read disks (cleaned heads), booted the A500+ from an external drive no issues :D

Attachments

• IMAG1126[1].jpg
    IMAG1126[1].jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
was all pleased with myself but i'm getting guru 8000 0003 on most stuff, so when i get some more time I'll have to check all the chips for good contacts and find a RAM test adf file.

either bad ram chip or i've missed a contact somewhere. it doesn't help i dont have a working df0: and most games refuse to work from df1:

do you have another drive? also check the sockets..all of them bud ive seen leakage go all the way to the cpu socket.check gary, cia's, agnus, cpu sockets etc..could even have lesser 74 ic partly or on its way out
if its was bad memory i dont think the machine would start anyway due to the memory check.

(agnus or cpu socket or ic would be the top of my list)

Last edited:
it doesn't help i dont have a working df0: and most games refuse to work from df1:

Your external drive looks like a generic one, 99% of the time these have a regular "Amiga" DD drive inside, configured as DF0:
Remove it and use it in place of the Chinon for your testing.

Back
Top Bottom