Closed Want to remember name of then buy the "futuristic" generic green //e monitor with no bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starglider

Retro YouTuber
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
Country
US&A
Region
CA
Can anyone help me track down the make and model of the green or amber composite monitor my parents had for our family Apple //e. I can't find any sign of it on eBay or Google Images (but lots of photos of Amber Heard which is quite distracting), yet my memory is distinct. Maybe you have one I can buy.

Here's a rough sketch of the monitor. The screen is edgeless as you can see.
The case color is beige.
221003eb41c992b863542151a70375dc.jpg

- It wasn't Apple branded I think
- It had little or no visible bezel (plastic frame) around the screen
- Quite rounded, not a square looking monitor
- Just sheer shiny perspex from edge to edge, but this was tinted dark to hide what must've been a normal thickness bezel
- That front perspex was curved, almost like you were looking at the front of a cathode ray tube out of its housing
- The case sides and top were more standard
- I think it had a pivoting stand below, that would slide-rock back and forth, changing the angle but also tucking the front base backward as it rocked
- Overall quite 70s "futuristic" looking
- Sold in the UK at least, around 1980

Resembled this Indesit T12 B&W TV in shape, but with the aforementioned stand, and with green screen, beige case, and rounding down to more of a pinch at the back rather than the boxy shape.

These are similar to give you an idea but are NOT the one I'm looking for:

16101999.jpg

Another similar monitor, but not triangular, no vent holes, screen less exposed at the edges, more beige!:
cfd7dcfd916acef19a5d99ed9b8cbef4.jpg

aaaaf8139f5956128df050fc06d5a31d.jpg

Another similar monitor:
3b831a60a8150ecce36e33c230c70cd2.jpg

(Not the monitors I'm looking for)

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Looks like there's a name tag in that silver strip on top but can't quite make it out yet.

Thanks but I did mention that isn't the actual monitor, it's just a fairly close resemblance :)

Wow so close. But no cigar charger.

The case didn't have the triangular shape like your Comrex does:
cfd7dcfd916acef19a5d99ed9b8cbef4.jpg

Also the buttons on top are different and the overall look was much less 70s.

But from the front the exposed tube style is very close.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom