GBA1000 68060 Turbocard build project

Luckily I don't live terribly far from lemming0s and hese .... :)

Ha! Yes, that will help indeed. Sadly, I'm not close to anyone. Even the people that I know in the UK scene are all several hundred miles away so it's all by post. It's the price you pay for living in a relatively out of the way part of the countryside.

Today, I wanted to order components for the GBA1000 expansions, but I have some problems.
I don't find any valid reference for L8 of the 060 board.
It's also the same for L1 & L2 of the Mini-Thylacine.
I didn't find an exact match for the L8 (50Ohm 0.2A) from Mouser, so I ordered part number 623-2512066007Y0A4 (60Ohm 0.2A) instead.
Seems to be working fine.

Thanks a lot hese. I'm going to buy the same!

Last edited:
Sorry, OT for this thread, but I have a working GB-A1000. Happy days!

Half hour later, no RGB on the VGA. Maybe not such happy days. Scope says yes, monitor says no. Oh well, will troubleshoot another time.

Will very soon be time to start thinking about the Turbo and Picasso.

Last edited:
Bump - as per Ordyne's post, did that Mouser (or similar) shopping cart ever get put together?

We are both in the same situation here of wanting to start these projects. We've soldered some of the stuff that came from the bulk order but haven't even ordered the rest yet!! I fear the longer it goes on, the harder it is going to become to get hold of the parts.

It is very tempting to ask Hese to assemble my 68060 card as thats really densely populated but I guess he would want all of the parts to be supplied.

Also interested in the mouser list.
I did speak with Hese about assembly and I think he said he could source the components. Not a cheap thing to assemble though.

If you want me to build the card, that can be done. I can source all the components except the 68060 processor. Regarding price, that is a relative thing. These aren't assembled in one evening.

Regarding the Mouser list, I'll first have to check that it's still up to date and I'll get back to you.

That would be a great help to me to hese , I have a pcb but it's been in a project box for that long I need to start looking at all the info all over again :(

So how can acquire one of these fully assembled? Anyone want to quote me?

Hoping to revive this thread a little. I am currently busy putting together a third GBA1000 and I am proud to say that the first 2 GBAs both worked first time :cool:

I have been getting my bare PCBs from Sordan.ie and I once went for the complete package with the matching 060 turbocard and "GRAKA 3.3" gfx card. I haven't built any of those yet, but I am actually putting together a Mouser BOM for the gfx card.

To stay on topic:
Is there anything in particular with the turbo card that I should be aware of? The card (red) is marked "GBA1K-TK-02". Do I need to make any mods to either the PCB itself or perhaps to any of the jedecs? Is there a cheap JTAG that I could get? The gfx card has 2 Xilinx FPGAs too.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Last edited:
I happen to have an MC68040RC25V lying around (mask 03F54F, no FPU). Would it work on my yet to build GBA1K-TK-02, just for testing until I can get my hands on a proper 060?

I don't know if anyone has assembled a GBA1000 turbo with 68040 CPU but it should be doable. You need to set the VCORE to 5V, I recall there was a jumper at the bottom of the board for that. You may also need to compile a 68040 specific firmware.

Back
Top Bottom