Sold FREE for postage - 3 Voodoo 3DFX 4MB PCI cards - not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DojoDan

Blogger
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Midlands
Hi all

These actually cost me a quid each from a local Reuse Centre, yeah I know.. sayin' I was excited doesn't cut it. They were actually still vacuum sealed but I've tried them all (in my 1.6Ghz Win 98 machine) but two of them give me corrupt graphics and crash instantly at exactly the same time when the card is used. The other one doesn't detect at all. Now, I dont know if it's something to do with the voltage or whatever of the board since it is a newer board than the card, or if they are damaged, but there you go.

I *think* the bottom one pictured doesn't detect. So, if anyone wants any of them free for postage you're welcome to them, but I as I said, I can't get them to work. They would make a nice display piece even if they don't work as they're really clean.

PICS: http://jpegbay.com/gallery/004106460-.html#1

UK postage is £2.80 Second Class for one or all 3 (I think).
Payment via PP gift.
Can post anywhere.

Cheers all

Last edited:
i will assume you are using these additionally with a regular video card since they appear to be 'Monster 3D' (albeit more generic Maxi-Gamer) add-on cards and use pass-though cables...

ED-3dfx-4 EV970327
809011 342994 (Sticker)
Guillemot
Maxi Gamer 3D
Brown
PCI
4MB
Voodoo1
(newer?) drivers:

http://www.falconfly.de/voodoo1.htm

Last edited:
Yeah I've had a few 3dfx cards back in the day (V1 and V2 SLI) so I'm use to using them qnd I tried quite a few drivers, new and old, same issue. Unfortunately I only have another ATI 3d card (can't remember what's in my machine off top of my head) to test it with, I don't have a 2d only card. Could be clashing but I don't have any other option really.

yeah i suppose there could be some resource conflicts, memory locs etc...

it IS a bit unusual that all 3 would be non-functional.

more likely to be a clash.

Last edited:
I think so aswell SaviorX. I appreciate you posting up some tips, but I just don't have the time to try and sort them out. If they work for someone then that's great, I'm only down 3 quid so I don't mind. I was only going to give thema go for old times sake.

Skromny - I've PM'd you postage cost mate. I'll wait till you decide then I'll move it on. Cheers bud.

Sorry guys, sold to Skromny. Thanks for the interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom