Azimuth Head Alignment Commodore Tape Drive, how to?

botialoach

Country
Cyprus
Region
Nicosia
One of my Commodore 1530 tape drives needs, Azimuth Head Alignment, because is unable to load cassettes even after taking it apart and cleaning it.

My problem is that I have the tap file for Azimuth Head Alignment, but no way to transfer into a cassette to align my tape drive. I did read on the web about a program called Audiotap, but I have no tape recorder to connect to my PC to transfer the tap file.

Is there any other way, hardware and software to transfer the tap file to a cassette in order to align my tape drive?

Thank you

Do you have an Ultimate II with a tape adaptor or a .d64 or .prg file of the program if you have a disk drive or SD2IEC.

If you have then load via disk or tape adaptor then use the program from there.

Have a look on CSDB for a program for the job. http://csdb.dk/

Thank you for the info, I was finally able to make my XM1541 cable to work under my old XP PC and transfer the tape alignment d64 program to disk, loaded it and align my tape drive successfully. Lot of work but finally sucess.

One of my Commodore 1530 tape drives needs, Azimuth Head Alignment, because is unable to load cassettes even after taking it apart and cleaning it.

My problem is that I have the tap file for Azimuth Head Alignment, but no way to transfer into a cassette to align my tape drive. I did read on the web about a program called Audiotap, but I have no tape recorder to connect to my PC to transfer the tap file.

Is there any other way, hardware and software to transfer the tap file to a cassette in order to align my tape drive?

Thank you

Do you have a 1541 or other suitable disk drive? If so the there is a program called recorder justage which will help you. It loads via disk and then prompts you to press play on tape deck (with any game tape loaded), it then give you a visual display and you need to adjust the azimuth screw until the lines on screen are as thin as possible.

You should be able to get this prog straight off the net

Last edited:
The recorder justage is the program I have used successfully run from my 1541 disk drive and aligned my Commodore 1530 tape drive. Thanks for clearing the matter some more.

Thank you

Do you have a 1541 or other suitable disk drive? If so the there is a program called recorder justage which will help you. It loads via disk and then prompts you to press play on tape deck (with any game tape loaded), it then give you a visual display and you need to adjust the azimuth screw until the lines on screen are as thin as possible.

You should be able to get this prog straight off the net
I have that program loaded but I see no alignment lines when I press play. Also the program won't quit on pressing return. Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom