Closed PC Motherboard and Chip Preferably H61 or newer motherboard with 2nd gen i3 (1155 socket) or newer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmiNeo

CodeMonkey
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Kendal, Cumbria
Hey guys, looking at getting a trusty PeeCee back for general programming and gaming purposes. Only have the laptop as of the last 18 months so would be nice to have.

Anyway, as I'm not looking for the absolute latest spec, but something I can bring up to date, I thought I would try here on the off chance anyone had recently upgraded and has some spare parts laying about.

I would prefer M-ATX or a mITX 1155 (1150 will be considered based on price) but beggars can't be choosers, so I will consider full ATX boards if they're at least H61 chipset or newer.

For the processor, i3 Sandybridge or newer is preferred. If the price is right however I may take something lesser provided the setup can be upgraded. I'm looking at eventually building it up to an 1155 or newer i5 setup and adding a GPU for gaming, but just want to get something working for now and build it slowly because of funds.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I have a P8H61-I Rev. 3.0 that I'm currently still using. Planning to retire this build in February because I will not be needing two PCs any longer. Will also be selling an i3-2100. I'm looking to get 80€ + pp for the lot. The motherboard comes with the box and extras. CPU is also boxed and still under warranty.

Let me know, if you're interested and can wait that long.

Cheers

Last edited:
Check out the MSI H61M-P31/W8 board (you can pick them up new quite cheap)... It's cheap and basic, but it'll be fine for gaming if you add a decent CPU and GPU ;).

@Half-Saint - Ironic, since that is the exact config I used to own. :LOL: I may be able to wait but what would postage be to UK? Also, how much for CPU alone (Price inc P&P).

(y)

@Powerpie - Thanks, nice board for the money but not much cheaper than others I would choose to pickup new really.

Last edited:
Thanks (y) I will give this some serious thought next payday if no other offers come in. I'd prefer a UK sale, but that's a good price. Need to track down some other parts to go with.

Note for thread, would be open to moving straight to an i5 if price is right.

Would also be interested in some DDR3 RAM if anyone has any to offer?

This might just be your lucky day...

Please be aware, the earliest I can post anything is Monday 19th January due to work commitments.

Due to the need to go back to a portable unit I have the following PC bits I need to shift to fund a laptop purchase....

Dead Silence AeroCool ITX/MATX case (black) with side window
(This case is unique as it all accommodate both and ITX or MATX motherboard in horizontal configuration and will accept a full length GPU too. It is boxed as new, and was purchased on 24/08/2014 from Ebuyer. This includes all screws and clips etc (most unused) and both solid and filter removable tops).

650W XFX XXX Pro 80Plus Semi Modular PSU
(This Seasonic OEM PSU ws purchased on 02/12/2014 from Aria and is boxed as new with all cables)

Asus B85M-G MATX Motherboard (Socket 1150)
(Purchased on 24/08/2014 from Ebuyer and comes boxed will driver disc, backplate and manuals as new)

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.1Ghz (Haswell)
(Purchased on 28/04/2014 from Ebuyer, this is retailed boxed and has only been used at stock speeds)

8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Red 1600Mhz CL10 Memory (2x4GB)
(Purchased 28/04/2014 from Ebuyer and comes in their plastic shell as purchased)

2GB Western Digital Green SATA III 64MB Cache 3.5" HDD
(Purcahsed on 24/08/2014 from Ebuyer as an OEM drive. SN: WD-WMC4N2555500. In warranty till 23/07/2014)

2GB Western Digital Green SATA III 64MB Cache 3.5" HDD
(This was taken out of a WD Elements external case and although the ELements unit has warranty until 2016 - the drive itself does not)

LG 22MP55HQ-P 22" IPS LED Monitor (HDMI + DVI)
(This full 1920x1080 monitor comes boxed as new and is in immaculate condition apart from a stuck pixel which can only be seen on a dark background - It was purchased on 24/08/2014 from Ebuyer and the stuck pixel was present from new).

** All items (apart from one of the two 2TB HDD's) are in warranty and I have the receipts for these. I will of course aid in any warranty claims where necessary **

Any of this take your fancy?

FYI - I had a full size Windforce GTX 780 in this and it ran with little noise and without a hitch.

Last edited:
Hi matey. A LOT of that takes my fancy... but I see no prices, which I'm pretty sure is still against the rules here, sadly. My funds are also pretty short so won't be able to take as much as I'd like.

Could you add the lowest you'd be willing to go on them individually? Then perhaps we can sort something. (y)

Last edited:
Oh wait, I just remembered that I have a Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H socket 1156 motherboard as well as an i3-540 to go with it. Unfortunately, I don't have the I/O backplate or a heatsink and the motherboard has a fault - USB mouse and keyboard for some reason don't work until you enter Windows.

Looks like AF got there first. Great deal but would have been a bit out of my price range still. May have had the memory.

Thanks for the offer.

Half-saint, I will take the 1155 i3, but will pass on the motherboard. I should be able to find one locally.

I concurr. You would also save on shipping significantly. By the way, have you seen my post at the end of the first page?

I have. 1156 socket is a bit too old for my needs. While I only need something modest for now, I would like to build it up to a quad core setup with a beastly amount of RAM over some time. At least with the 1155 Sandybridge i3 2100, I have the option of bumping it up to an Ivybridge i5 or i7 at some point, which isn't really that old yet.

If I can find an 8GB stick of DDR3 and a motherboard now, I'll be golden.

Let me know how to pay (Paypal preferred) and when to expect it. Thanks (y)

Last edited:
... Duplicate response removed...

Last edited:
Hi, a friend of mine offered me an i5 for a bargain price. I can get set up much sooner with this and jump straight to the target system I ultimately wanted. Do you mind if I withdraw?

Sorry for messing you about. I'm sure there will be someone here that will take it when you're ready to sell anyway (y)

Last edited:
Thanks!

Mods: I'll close this as I now have everything I was looking for.

Thanks to everyone who offered. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom