Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxed PS Vita, 64GB and 8GB Memory Cards, and four loose games in a plastic case

...and one triple thick condom... you never know! SherlockHomeless's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by davideo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomeless View Post
    Would you like the sell the 64GB by itself?

Cheers
    Please be aware that at the time you expressed your interest and asked for a split your were acting against the rules of AmiBay to which you agreed to on joining
    Buying an item without a stated asking price:
    If a seller has not stated a price for an item, you cannot declare interest in it or make an offer for it. Report the thread to a moderator.

Asking for splits:
    Sellers are not to be asked to split a lot.
    Whoops, my apologies for that one. I trade on quite a few retro forums and usually its a case of "Keep things on the thread for everyones best interest" as opposed to stealthy PMs and suchlike. I only happened across this thread when searching upon a whim and noticed there had been no other takers hence my offer.

BTW - For future reference, what are you supposed to do in a situation like this? Stay silent about your interest in a split and hope the OP gets the message?

Video Game Merchandise Collector Amibayer! NinjaRabbit's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    South Gloucestershire
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Blog Entries

BTW - For future reference, what are you supposed to do in a situation like this? Stay silent about your interest in a split and hope the OP gets the message?
    I'd really appreciate knowing the answer to this, too. I actually only saw Sherlock's post because I was swinging by to edit the thread about splitting in the first place!
    "No need to design a new game - just change the graphics in these few basic designs and put a picture of Indiana Jones on the box! You'll never have to think again!"
    --Jeff Minter, Llamatron Readme

Confused retro man Amibayer!
    Staff Moderator
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Nottingham
    Feedback
    495 (100%)

@NinjaRabbit, if people are pm'ing you urging you to split your items or making offers via pm of any kind without any declaration of interest in the thread they should be reported to a moderator as that's classed as silent bidding. Also i believe its in the rules that offers cannot be made on items unless the sellers specifically states "or nearest offer"

@SherlockHomeless, from my understanding yes you must sit quietly until the seller decides to split and when/if the seller does decide to split prices must be attached to all available pieces, nobody can declare interest in items that don't have prices.
    Last edited by scrappysphinx; 28th January 2015 at 02:00.

Mega AmiMod
    Staff Moderator
    Country
    England
    Region:
    Merseyside
    Feedback
    214 (100%)

scrappysphinx is quite correct, SherlockHomeless should not have asked and NinjaRabbit should have ignored the request and /or reported it to the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRabbit View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sardine View Post
    I can confirm other members where indeed waiting.
    Again, I'm very sorry. As above, previously, I've heard from any interested parties prior, and did not in this case.

That is the correct way, your not supposed to get a PM from anyone, if you have received a PM asking "if you do split" this is jumping the que and silent bidding and should be reported. other members were indeed waiting patiently for a split as per rules and SherlockHomeless jumped the que.

...and one triple thick condom... you never know! SherlockHomeless's Avatar
    Country
    UK
    Region:
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

Superb, thanks for the clarification chaps - duly noted.

Country
    UK
    Region:
    South Gloucestershire
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Blog Entries

Message received and understood on that front chaps, thanks very much. That said, again, I've never received messages about offers/requests on their own - there has been an in-thread declaration first, as I described in an earlier post. That's what I really wanted clarification on.

Anyway, while I'm here, unfortunately I'm withdrawing the other items from sale for the time being. I really hope that this doesn't inconvenience anyone, but unfortunately I don't have the time right now to deal with selling things.
    "No need to design a new game - just change the graphics in these few basic designs and put a picture of Indiana Jones on the box! You'll never have to think again!"

Country
    UK
    Region:
    South Gloucestershire
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Blog Entries

I see this has arrived now, so feedback left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12