Sold Boxed PS Vita, 64GB and 8GB Memory Cards, and four loose games in a plastic case

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaRabbit

Video Game Merchandise Collector
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Country
UK
Region
South Gloucestershire
For sale is a Japanese-import PS Vita Slim console, in the "Light Blue/White" two-tone colour scheme. I've gotten what I wanted from this, but there isn't anything else of interest to me, so it's time to let this one go.

The Vita is boxed, and is supplied with a small plastic case containing four loose games, along with two memory cards - one 64GB, and the other 8GB. All of the original Japanese paperwork is present, as are the AR sheets (the Slim version of the console doesn't include proper cards).

A micro USB charging cable is included, but it is not the original one that came with the console. The kettle-lead part of the power adapter is Japanese, but if memory serves (I can't double-check now, as this is all boxed up and ready to send) you should be able to swap it for a UK one or plug the micro USB cable into a standard USB wall wart of the same rating (most phone chargers are, for example), and this will work as it should. (Please note that it doesn't seem to be possible to charge a PS Vita from a computer's USB port.)

This is a UK-only sale, and I'm offering the package for £200 all-in. I will consider reasonable, polite offers. New price: £165, all-in. This includes tracked, insured, and signed-for postage via Royal Mail. Payment to be made by standard PayPal (not Gift or any other method), please, for the protection of both buyer and seller.

I am now splitting this lot. New prices are all-in, as before, and are as follows;

Boxed PS Vita plus 8GB memory card: £90

Sold to SherlockHomeless - 64GB memory card: £35

Four loose games in plastic case: £15

I would describe the console as being in fair to good used condition. There is some wear to the edges on the white coloured front half of the machine, which shows the off-white plastic underneath, and there are the usual sort of daily-use light scratches and dings in various places over the casing, both back and front. There are some dark marks on the blue coloured half of the machine on the right-hand side, which I believe resulted from colour transfer from the inside of a bag that I used for carrying it at one point (annoyingly, this was an officially-licensed pouch! :eek: ). There are also some small scratches to the screen, which I couldn't pick up with my camera.

As noted above, this is a Japanese unit, although the firmware can be set to English during initial setup, as shown in the photographs. This means that the confirm and cancel buttons map to the other way around from UK or US units in the OS menus (that is, O is confirm, and X is cancel). Aside from titles that call on the firmware for certain menu functions, this doesn't usually affect games, as they will map this however they were programmed to, otherwise.

Everything works correctly, and everything has been formatted ready for the new owner.

There are some small cracks on the spine of the plastic game case, as this was only a "good enough" cheapo case bought to keep everything together in compact form. As noted, it contains four games, which are;

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
The Sly Trilogy (Please note that this cartridge only contains Sly Cooper 1 and 2. Sly Cooper 3 was included with this package as a download code only, and of course that was redeemed long ago. Again, Sly Cooper 3 is NOT included.)

Please note that any games requiring the redemption of codes to play online, or which may have included DLC bonus codes, do not include these, so if you wish to play any affected titles online (I believe that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is one) or want the DLC, you'll need to purchase such codes or DLC via the PS Store using your PSN account.

Photos are below;

ueo5Q9l.jpg

The box.

gss3ApL.jpg

The box and its contents. Note that the Micro USB cable is absent as the console was being charged when this picture was taken.

CNFygyx.jpg

The console, games, Memory Cards, and the plastic game/card case.

kdTerwR.jpg

The marked end of the console, as described above.

6wUwmUA.jpg

The unmarked end of the console, for comparison.

Last edited:
Right, I need a quick sale to fund some other stuff, so I'm dropping the price to £165 all-in.

Your timing is impeccable. :LOL: I was actually going to post later or tomorrow to say that I'm splitting this lot, so yes, I will do that. :p

If the price is ok by you, please drop me a PM and we'll sort it out. (y)

New prices are all-in, and are as follows;

Boxed PS Vita plus 8GB memory card: £90

Sold to SherlockHomeless - 64GB memory card: £35

Four loose games in plastic case: £15

Last edited:
64GB memory card sold to SherlockHomeless. (y)

Would you like the sell the 64GB by itself?

Cheers

Please be aware that at the time you expressed your interest and asked for a split your were acting against the rules of AmiBay to which you agreed to on joining
Buying an item without a stated asking price:
If a seller has not stated a price for an item, you cannot declare interest in it or make an offer for it. Report the thread to a moderator.

Asking for splits:
Sellers are not to be asked to split a lot.

@NinjaRabbit

You should not have taken this offer as other members may have been patiently waiting in the wings to see if you were going to split.

Your action has been unfair on those following the rules.

I can confirm other members where indeed waiting.

@NinjaRabbit

You should not have taken this offer as other members may have been patiently waiting in the wings to see if you were going to split.

Your action has been unfair on those following the rules.
I sincerely apologise, and I hope this doesn't cause any trouble. :(

In the past, I've had PMs asking if I would accept offers/etc., when I was not yet willing to, and later the same people did purchase when I changed my listings (in one case, when I was much newer, I didn't even realise I had to do so first, and the offer in that case was from a moderator). Given past precedent, I genuinely wasn't aware that this would cause a problem after almost a fortnight of zero interest.

Again, I'm very sorry. As above, previously, I've heard from any interested parties prior, and did not in this case.

Last edited:
Would you like the sell the 64GB by itself?

Cheers

Please be aware that at the time you expressed your interest and asked for a split your were acting against the rules of AmiBay to which you agreed to on joining
Buying an item without a stated asking price:
If a seller has not stated a price for an item, you cannot declare interest in it or make an offer for it. Report the thread to a moderator.

Asking for splits:
Sellers are not to be asked to split a lot.

Whoops, my apologies for that one. I trade on quite a few retro forums and usually its a case of "Keep things on the thread for everyones best interest" as opposed to stealthy PMs and suchlike. I only happened across this thread when searching upon a whim and noticed there had been no other takers hence my offer.

BTW - For future reference, what are you supposed to do in a situation like this? Stay silent about your interest in a split and hope the OP gets the message?

BTW - For future reference, what are you supposed to do in a situation like this? Stay silent about your interest in a split and hope the OP gets the message?
I'd really appreciate knowing the answer to this, too. I actually only saw Sherlock's post because I was swinging by to edit the thread about splitting in the first place! :LOL:

@NinjaRabbit, if people are pm'ing you urging you to split your items or making offers via pm of any kind without any declaration of interest in the thread they should be reported to a moderator as that's classed as silent bidding. Also i believe its in the rules that offers cannot be made on items unless the sellers specifically states "or nearest offer"

@SherlockHomeless, from my understanding yes you must sit quietly until the seller decides to split and when/if the seller does decide to split prices must be attached to all available pieces, nobody can declare interest in items that don't have prices.

Last edited:
scrappysphinx is quite correct, SherlockHomeless should not have asked and NinjaRabbit should have ignored the request and /or reported it to the staff.

Again, I'm very sorry. As above, previously, I've heard from any interested parties prior, and did not in this case.

That is the correct way, your not supposed to get a PM from anyone, if you have received a PM asking "if you do split" this is jumping the que and silent bidding and should be reported. other members were indeed waiting patiently for a split as per rules and SherlockHomeless jumped the que.

Message received and understood on that front chaps, thanks very much. That said, again, I've never received messages about offers/requests on their own - there has been an in-thread declaration first, as I described in an earlier post. That's what I really wanted clarification on.

Anyway, while I'm here, unfortunately I'm withdrawing the other items from sale for the time being. I really hope that this doesn't inconvenience anyone, but unfortunately I don't have the time right now to deal with selling things.

I see this has arrived now, so feedback left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom