An Amiga suitcase project set to take center stage!

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
0.jpg

When Sébastien Marchand mentioned he had a very special Amiga to show us, we had no idea what we were in for. Imagine an Amiga 1200 with a Blizzard 1260 + SCSI Kit and Compact Flash 8 GB. That you could carry around in a case and take it anywhere you wanted.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2015/01/an-amiga-suitcase-project-set-to-take.html

Taken from the same link: "The end result is jaw dropping, it's probably the best Amiga mod we have ever seen, especially as it's taken him two weekends to do. "
Can't say that i'm really impressed...

Last edited:
I like it. I had bought an old AV case with the intention of using it for the same purpose. It would be perfect for when I go to PhreakNic.

Good for shows and meet-ups. Slick looking too. Also sort of ungainly. Somebody needs to fabricate nice looking modern monitors for use with flickerfixed Amigas.

Good for shows and meet-ups. Slick looking too. Also sort of ungainly. Somebody needs to fabricate nice looking modern monitors for use with flickerfixed Amigas.

The issue that I had with the concept (other than getting off of my duff and doing it) is the lip that will end up being a very painful wrist support. I could see where that would get old pretty quickly.

Taken from the same link: "The end result is jaw dropping, it's probably the best Amiga mod we have ever seen, especially as it's taken him two weekends to do. "
Can't say that i'm really impressed...

:huh:

Why's that? Show me a better mod than this then other than paint jobs and an extra cdrom

Now that's a mod, wow. :)

I like the idea of the A1200 in a custom carrying case too, but calling the "best mod ever seen" is a bridge too far imho.
Wouldn't even call it a mod tbh. It's a custom case, which - don't get me wrong - is very nicely done. Do agree that it's potentially a wrist killer.

This must be the crappiest mod i've ever seen...on the other hand Salaxi great mod pal!

Haha nicely done :) Would be great to have an all-in-one A1200 solution (or any gaming console for that matter) for parties and get togethers!

Now that's a mod, wow. :)

I like the idea of the A1200 in a custom carrying case too, but calling the "best mod ever seen" is a bridge too far imho.

It's probably the best Amiga mod we have ever seen

How can it be a bridge too far when you're going against someone's personal opinion? That's like me saying to you, that's not the best food you've ever had or that's not the best car you've ever driven because I've driven something else. I haven't seen a better mod, and I really haven't.

And no, Laptops just don't do it for me, even if the C64P was a lovely bit of kit, I still don't like laptops

Personal taste and opinion aside, it's just a nicely packaged miggy + screen.
I mean, i could stuff my A600 in a plastic tesco bag with cutouts to expose the case badge and floppy eject button... Does that make it a 'mod'... i doubt it.

Personal taste and opinion aside, it's just a nicely packaged miggy + screen.
I mean, i could stuff my A600 in a plastic tesco bag with cutouts to expose the case badge and floppy eject button... Does that make it a 'mod'... i doubt it.

yes, it's a mod...not an Amiga mod, mind (the amiga looks untouched to be honest...)....it's a suitcase mod, and with that in mind, it's the best suitcase mod i have seen...

Last edited:
Absolutely brilliant! If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
That Suzanne looks very similar to the PAWS.

I agree with the folks who say that suitcase is cool, but by no means the "ultimate modded Amiga"
There are a dozen folk right here on Amibay who are literally hand-building all new Amiga 1000 motherboards.

Did anyone else notice that that suitcase has to be opened upside-down? I'm sure the guy who made it is used to that, but I'll bet he has to constantly stop people from trying to set it down and open it the "right way" which would have the computer falling on the monitor.
He could solve for this by relocating the handle to the long side of the suitcase.

That Suzanne looks very similar to the PAWS.

Yes it does, nice work both of them.

Did anyone else notice that that suitcase has to be opened upside-down? I'm sure the guy who made it is used to that, but I'll bet he has to constantly stop people from trying to set it down and open it the "right way" which would have the computer falling on the monitor.
He could solve for this by relocating the handle to the long side of the suitcase.

It's probably not a problem. I'm sure that he doesn't let it get out of his sight. :blased: :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom