Not open for further replies.

Rambo60

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
nsw
We started Repairing the Commodore Computer in the 90'S and we where link to other Commodore Computer repair in Melbourne by 2000 we sold all the Commodore Computer stock and a new change to repair the PC Computer from Pentium 1 to Pentium 4 now my son repair the PC Computer as for me the Commodore Repair hobby has Start in the 2011 and will keep on repairing the Commodore Computer for 6 years here my web site : http://www.commodore64collection.com/

Last edited:
with respect to "roy_bates" the question did arise in the staff area when your account was approved, the server auto moderated your post as it contained a web address from a new member,

add to this the "broken" english in your posts and on your website we just assumed "English" wasnt your 1st language, this could give the impression that you're not native to Australia and thus casts doubt, which im sure with your business model is something you don't want to associate with when asking members to send you their computers for repair .

a valid question.

feel free to ask me why i asked that,i meant no offense.

your asking moderators to ban me for asking a simple question...im not offended or upset,i just find it a bit...silly

if you would like to send me a pm telling me what was so offensive about the post,ill explain to you personally why i asked...man to man...

Hey guys,

just to clarify - Warren is based in NSW, Australia and speaks perfect English. To my knowledge he was born and lived his entire life in Australia and certainly has no discernible accent (well, to Australian ears anywayz :)).

However, his disjointed grammar whilst posting is quite typical in my dealings with him. I think he is just one of those fellows that struggles to type as fast as he thinks and so the resultant messages come across as being those of someone whose first language is something other than english. Emails I have received from Warren, whilst clear on their meaning, display the very same characteristics of prose and vocabulary.

This is definitely not the case when speaking with him vocally.

Anywho, thought I should probably clear that up.

Last edited:
@jameson

and thats why his account was approved and his link to his webpage allowed.

We don't discriminate, we are just a little more careful with new signups, like you said his "written" english looks to me who deals with members on a day to day basis as if his 1st native language wasn't english "this is not an issue", we see a select few new signups try and defraud their entry to Amibay with the sole purpose of "scamming" our members, so we are on a sort of "Yellow Alert" all the time.

I hope your friend changes his mind in leaving Amibay and takes what I think is valid questions not to heart but as just "questions", I mean he wants total strangers to send him their pride and joy right ?? you have to live up to some scrutiny no matter the situation ?? I would ask questions,, wouldn't you ??

no disrespect meant in any way.

thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

just to clarify - Warren is based in NSW, Australia and speaks perfect English. To my knowledge he was born and lived his entire life in Australia and certainly has no discernible accent (well, to Australian ears anywayz :)).

However, his disjointed grammar whilst posting is quite typical in my dealings with him. I think he is just one of those fellows that struggles to type as fast as he thinks and so the resultant messages come across as being those of someone whose first language is something other than english. Emails I have received from Warren, whilst clear on their meaning, display the very same characteristics of prose and vocabulary.

This is definitely not the case when speaking with him vocally.

Anywho, thought I should probably clear that up.

fair enough,i have nothing against him whatsoever personally...i was just curious because of the broken language.

its not like my english or grammer is all that great either,lol...but i wouldnt fly off the handle and ask someone to be banned for asking about it.
i definitely wouldn't remove a service offer either.because i wouldn't care that much. i would only care about the machine i would be fixing and making the person it belongs to happy.

anyway...when his ready im sure the moderators wouldn't want to stop him from doing his work nor would i.
unfortunately,im just blunt and to the point and that for me works alot better and is easier to understand most of the time.
and i found being upset about minor things just isnt worth the time of day and really petty,being the more direct the better.

i hope this is clear enough for people to understand including the original poster...
he can still feel free to pm me as to why it was offensive enough to warrant such a reaction though.in this manner.
im not looking for an apology...i just want to know what the big deal was.

EDIT: maybe a moderator can remove all posts including the one i made to warrant this in the first place after this little problem has been sorted....the offer to pm me is still there.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I can see that the questions towards Warren were not mean as an insult/disrespect - from my many years of dealing with forums I have found that people tend to sometimes read meanings and implications into certain statements when none was implied.

Anywho, I will pass on your sentiments to Warren, I am sure he will understand.

ok,i wont say anymore in this thread unless he want's to talk to me.

the edit to remove the posts by moderation is so no-one looks a bad person including the original poster this is after all a open forum:)
and i dont want to effect how anyone feels in a service area new or not,it was after all just a question..i had no idea this would go to this extent.
personally i would of just answered the question and got on with it,but thats me.(i have had people ask me questions in certain areas of the site including the service areas)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom