Plipbox Parallel Port Arduino Ethernet adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmackey828

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Country
USA
Region
New York
With all credit given to Lallafa http://lallafa.de/blog/amiga-projects/plipbox/ Awesome job.

He didn't want to make the main PCB that is used to connect the Plipbox to the Amiga's parallel port so I did. For any and all technical question, see the above link.

The Arduino Nano is programmed with the 0.6 firmware. The power plug is 2.1mm center pin for 5 volts center positive. You need to supply your own 5 volt PSU

I am asking $40 plus ship via Paypal.

I have 12 more units tested and ready to go.

I want to thank every one who have supported my project and all the great feedback I've been getting.

DSCF1532-1.jpgDSCF1533-1.jpgDSCF1531-1.jpg

These are the NEW units above, I can't seem to get any more of the Ethernet adapters with the LONG PINS. :(

UPDATE: The US Postal service just increased shipping rates, For a small flat rate box in the US was $5.25 it is now $6.80 and for international it was $25.25 it is now $33.95 for most of the world. These rates are out of my control sadly.

Last edited:
I am interested, subject to one question: is everything seen in the picture included? (arduino nano+ethernet shield+parallel port adapter) Thanks! (it's late here now, will check again tomorrow from work)

Yes, It is a COMPLETE unit already programmed, All you need to do it get the plipbox.device file into the Dev/Networking folder

Interested - Ill take one (and for once, someone in the US! ;) ). I personally was going down the route of making the Raspberry Pi + serial shield, but this works better for me now (no need to go looking for a serial cable!).

Rakeim132, That's correct, No 5volt PSU. I guess I should have mentioned that BUT then again it's NOT in the picture.

Last edited:
Interested in the last one. Please quote shipping cost to Mexico.

Thanks!

Every one who has paid me already, your packages shipped out this morning. I believe I sent every one the tracking numbers as well.

Thank you for supporting my project.

Great piece of hardware. I've got the older version. Would you be making more of them?

Last edited:
Hello. Seems you have improved the design of the PCB board Lallafa has proposed. This is what I wanted to start but I have no skill in PCB design whatsoever. Haha. Therefore I think I will encourage you and declare interest for the next batch. I'll PM you soon for a deal.

For anyone who has theirs...... do I need to provide 5v to the power port AND 12v to the usb port or is it an either or situation (which is what I guess)

Thanks

You only NEED the 5volts to the Power connector, Center POSITIVE and NOTHING is plugged in to the arduino.

- - - Updated - - -

I WILL have more of the Plipbox's as soon as my Nanos and Ethernet shields arrive, About 2 weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom