Photos from the Cheltonian Geek Fest

Wow! It's a veritable who's who of AmiBayers. I'm surprised it wasn't an awards ceremony with a "Best Retro Project of the Year" award. Of course, it would be difficult to present such an award because of all the amazing things people have done. :D

It was great seeing Justin's Walker case and the Model 4. I saw and heard bits of each of these builds but it's nice to see the images.

Big props also need to go to the few (one?) women that were able to put up with all the guys. :p

Wish I could have been there!

Heather

Hi Heather Nikki, Justins Wife and Sarah, Fitzsteves wife were putting up with us all

They must be saints to put up with all of you. :)

Seriously though, I'm glad everyone had a great time. It looks like a great bit of fun being able to be around everyone in real life.

Heather

It is great to meet the person behind the avatar they are all great guys and gals and i am very proud to be part our AimiBay family

Hey Heather

As John says, it is an exceptional feeling of pride and for me also humbling to be amongst our extended Amibay family..
I cant even describe the atmosphere in the room, it's just so friendly and relaxed.

You would love it honestly, we even had sir_beaker who flew over from Ireland for the event.....nudge,nudge, hint,hint lol

Would be great to have you with us.....:)

PS.....check out that 32MHz BBC, and the TRS80 FreHD hard drive emulator....;)

Last edited:
I'd love to make it over there some time. It may happen one day. :)

Sounds like everyone had an amazing time. I'll definitely check out your projects. (y)

Heather

I'd love to make it over there some time. It may happen one day. :)

Sounds like everyone had an amazing time. I'll definitely check out your projects. (y)

Heather

Let me know when and I will divorce the wife and you can have the spare room lol

;)

Let me know when and I will divorce the wife and you can have the spare room lol

;)

Sounds like there might be plenty of room once you're in the doghouse... :)

Great event guys! Ours (in this neck of the woods) is Phreaknic. Not many retro guys though, mostly just Chris and myself.

Maybe you guys could set up a Skype video conference or something at your booth next time so that us living at the edge of the world could pop in and say hi. :)

Back
Top Bottom