Closed Breaking Compaq LTE 5000 laptop (Italian).

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokyoracer

(Not actually from Tokyo).
Blogger
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Norfolk
Just got this laptop with an Italian layout keyboard (has UK layout stickers on it). It was fully working but since it was put in storage for a couple of months, I tested it and doesn't display a picture. It's thought that the display hardware is at fault, not the screen.

Offering it for parts now and just about everything but the HDD is available. There's too much to list and price seperately (sorry admin/mods) but if you are after any bits, state interest here first and I will price the parts up on the thread too so it complys with the rules as much as possible and is fair (do not offer/suggest prices please as this is against rules too).
If admins and/or mods still feel this is still doesnt meet the rules enough than feel free to close and I will just throw the parts away. just seems a waste is all.

I believe many parts fit the entire LTE 5000 series (possibly others too) but just be sure to do the research before you buy anything.

COMPAQ_LTE_5000.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nice to see my Compaq LTE 5000 pictured above (via retroshowcase.gr) on your thread.
A photo-model and a real showcase that is I quess :)

Anyway, probably intertested for the keyboard and its floppy (might be good as spare parts for my working so far LTE).
Do you have any idea if its battery is in any working condition?

Last edited:
Ah sorry for using your picture, I just used it for reference. The keyboard is an Italian layout with UK stickers on them (original OEM stickers too interestingly), and I have the removable floppy drive to spare too.

As for the battery, judging by the contents on the floorpan of the laptop, i'd say half of it has emptied itself. I still have it but I highly doubt it will work and only really serves a purpose to plug a gap in the machine.

It does have a RAM upgrade card (I think 16Mb, maybe more), not sure if that is useful to you?

no problem for the pic! anyone can use photos freely from the that site :)
The ram upgrade is interesting enough too. I'll check what it has (not remember its current RAM and free mem banks) and I'll let you know.
When ready drop prices here for the keyboard, fdd, other parts etc and we'll talk further.
Thanks!

Call it £10 GBP for the floppy drive and keyboard, i'l throw in the RAM upgrade free of charge for you so atleast it's a spare. Does that sound okay with you?

If you're after anything else let me know, TBH I won't ask much as it's good to know someone is making use of it. :)

Necro'ing an old thread ... do you have these parts still in storage? If so, I'd be interested in the HDD caddy (without hdd), these are hard to find nowadays and people sometimes threw them out with the breaking hard disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom