Thread: A500 IDE adapters, PS/2 mouse adapter, A600 CF adapter

Country
    United States
    Region:
    AZ
    Feedback
    8 (100%)

Declaring interest, sending PM.

Soldered combination v425 ide+ 8MB (low profile for a500, cdtv, others) cpu plugged in 85€,
    Special ide-cf adapter for v4xx for 10 euros or with a v4xx board +5 euros.

Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Tampere
    Feedback
    107 (100%)

Hi!
    I got previously (some time ago) sent an installation picture for A1000, but I have not found it since, so if the sender is reading this, please send again.
    http://mkl211015.altervista.org/ide/ide68k.html email&paypal: mlvhct@gmail.com See first post of for-sale thread for up to date availability info

Country
    france
    Region:
    Normandie
    Feedback
    19 (100%)

Hello
    payment sent for v425 ide+ 8MB
    Thank you
    Member of the Amiga rescue Team
    Steampunk A4000T, Victorian steampunk A4000T, A1200, A2000, Venom by Dean Bean Zelinsky, Venom home made.

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Northern Jutland
    Feedback
    9 (100%)

I have two small questions, regarding the combined IDE/8mb adaptor that I bought....

The first question is regarding use of CF card and CF-to-IDE adaptor. What type and combination of card and adaptor is compatible alongside an optical CD-Rom drive, in a Master/Slave setup?

The second question is if I can disable the 8mb ram, if I need to test stuff on my Amiga500?
    Last edited by Brostenen; 6th December 2019 at 23:32.

Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Tampere
    Feedback
    107 (100%)

cf and cdrom? I dont know really, it also has to do with drivers and filesystems. Below 4GB cf shouldn't need extra driver. Cd filesystem? These things should be compatible with A600 setup

To disable ram, check the config in :
    If it has pull-up resistor, and is grounded with solder, removing solder bridge disables ram.
    http://mkl211015.altervista.org/ide/ide68k.html email&paypal: mlvhct@gmail.com See first post of for-sale thread for up to date availability info

Country
    Denmark
    Region:
    Northern Jutland
    Feedback
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mkl View Post
    cf and cdrom? I dont know really, it also has to do with drivers and filesystems. Below 4GB cf shouldn't need extra driver. Cd filesystem? These things should be compatible with A600 setup

If it has pull-up resistor, and is grounded with solder, removing solder bridge disables ram.
    Ahhh...
    Well. I have had different type of drives running with it, with a CD drive in slave. To use the CD drive, I used the AmiCD or something like that. The kickstart that I use, is kick 2 version 37.350. Regarding CF card, then it is running happily with these 512mb cards, yet for some reason they need a slave drive present. So my question was more or less aimed at what type of IDE compatibility a CF card need. You know, PIO mode and stuff like that.

Regarding Ram. I was just wondering if using a jumper to ground something or using a switch, in order to disable the memory.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Region:
    East Sussex
    Feedback
    5 (100%)

Express interest in 8mb RAM board to use alongside TF534 in an A2000

Country
    Hungary
    Region:
    Ungarn
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Interested in one ide board without cpu.

Country
    United States
    Region:
    MA
    Feedback

Hi there,

I'm interested in two Soldered combination v425 ide+ 8MB for two A500 rev 5s. Email sent as well.

Country
    Finland
    Region:
    Tampere
    Feedback
    107 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brostenen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mkl View Post

Ahhh...
    Well. I have had different type of drives running with it, with a CD drive in slave. To use the CD drive, I used the AmiCD or something like that. The kickstart that I use, is kick 2 version 37.350. Regarding CF card, then it is running happily with these 512mb cards, yet for some reason they need a slave drive present. So my question was more or less aimed at what type of IDE compatibility a CF card need. You know, PIO mode and stuff like that.

Regarding Ram. I was just wondering if using a jumper to ground something or using a switch, in order to disable the memory.
    CF card issues... ? I don't know what's causing that with the slave present issue. I have thought CF cards may not "care" about PIO modes, anyway it would be one of the slower ones in 7MHz Amiga. BTW, what kind of cf adapter? is it 3.3 volt or 5 volt?
    You could wire a switch between RAM config in and gnd.

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687 LastLast