Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Northampton, UK
Region
Northamptonshire, UK
Hi all,

For sale, I am selling the following items:

• boxed Sinclair ZX Spectrum 16k in box with all the poly-inserts, PSU and cassette leads
  • 2 games: Jetpac and 3D Deathchase
  • WHSmiths Computer Data Cassette Recorder (untested)
The Spectrum is NOT the issue 1 version (grey keys) but is the later version with the dark blue ish keys.
The Spectrum will need the membrane replaced as a couple of the keys in the middle of the keyboard intermittently don't work. This is a very easy repair, requiring no soldering or experience of computer repair. A replacement membrane can be bought on eBay or from RWAP Software for less than a tenner (less than £10)
The exterior condition of the Spectrum is very good! There's some minor scuffs but barely noticeable.
I've tested the Spectrum and it loads games perfectly. The RF modulator is functioning rather well and I was able to get a clear picture on a 14" portable CRT as well as a big modern Samsung 40" LCD TV (nice big blocky pixels)

OVERSEAS BUYERS: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A PAL (UK) COMPUTER AND THE PSU IS MEANT FOR THE 240V SUPPLY OF GREAT BRITAIN! I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, INCOMPATIBILITY WITH YOUR COUNTRY'S TV STANDARD OR FOR INJURY TO ANY PERSON DUE TO CONNECTING TO INCOMPATIBLE EQUIPMENT, INCORRECT VOLTAGES OR NOT OBSERVING SAFE ELECTRICAL PRACTICES! IF YOU ARE UNSURE WHETHER THIS MACHINE WILL WORK IN YOUR COUNTRY, PLEASE ASK BEFORE EXPRESSING INTEREST

I'm looking at approx. £40 for this as it's a 16k model which are desirable amongst collectors (vary between quite rare-ish for the Issue 1 and not so many about for the later ones)

I will post pictures later (within the next few days)

I accept payment by PayPal or cash upon collection
If you are paying cash upon collection, please contact me via PM to agree a suitable time/date/place (most likely from my home in Northampton, UK)

I'd prefer not to post overseas but if the postage cost is acceptable to the buyer then I can be persuaded to ship it. If this is the case, PayPal payment must be used.

If you are attending any UK gaming events, I'm attending the following:

• Retro Computer Games Festival #3
    Ash (Surrey), Fri 9th - Sun 11th July 2010
    I WILL ONLY BE ATTENDING ON SATURDAY 10TH JULY
  • EuroCon 2010
    Manchester, 3rd-5th September 2010
    I AM ATTENDING THE ENTIRE EVENT AND HAVE AGREED TO HAVE A STALL
  • R3PLAY - The Arcade, Retro & Video Gaming Expo
    (in association with Retro Gamer and gamesTM)
    Norbreck Castle Exhibition Centre, Blackpool, 6-7 November 2010
    I AM ATTENDING THE ENTIRE EVENT
I am prepared to take this item to an event to conduct the transaction there if you do not want to pay postage. If you want me to do this I will accept either advance PayPal payment or cash upon collection.

Thanks for reading and I'll post pictures shortly!

Last edited:
Please accept my apologies .... I've not had chance to sort out the postage costs yet as I've been working overtime.
Will do so soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom