Sold ACA 1230/56 - Boxed and in working order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some pics

20150618_213508.jpg20150618_213524.jpg

Hi Baz, but the screen doesn't seem black to me... does the floppy tick and the hard drive start? If so it could be a software problem...

Maybe it doesn't work with this Busboard? I know it has some issues with the Mediator.

If your other A1200 is without any Busboard you can try withdrawing the card by 1/2 to 1mm this might make it boot (it's common issue due to new connectors)

If it still does not boot on the bare A1200 then it's probably timing or PSU related.

Last edited:
Hi

yes i have tested it on my other 1200 and it wont boot the green light stays on nothing happens
The screen is black on my desktop 1200 but shows purple on the tower system.
There is no activity on the hard drive

Last edited:
Hi Baz, did you try fully installing the ACA on the edge connector and then pulling back a touch. (Cleaning the edge connector with IPA and cotton bud is also a good idea.) I don't think timing issues would cause the symptoms you describe? I have an ACA that works flawlessy with either my 2B or 1D4.

If there's no activity on hd it seems to me that the ACA is not properly recgnised by the mobo, also have you ensured the ACA is not touching any other metal (ie metal upper case cover) which can cause it to short.

I'm sure timing issues are much rarer than how often we talk about them

I will send better pics tomorrow of the aca in my tower have already cleaned the connectors will try more things on friday thanks for info

Hello Baz, I think you should first try the ACA outside the case and without any other cards.

If possible, take one of your mainboards out from a case and put it on an table (with anti-static material), check the jumper for 3.0 / 3.1 ROMs in the ACA and set it accordingly with your ROMs and then plug the card making sure that the contacts are clean and that the card is inserted straight.

Once done that, plug only psu, video cable and (if possible) a floppy drive and turn the power on. After a few seconds (many more if you didn't plug a floppy drive, sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds or so) you should see the purple screen with the Amiga check logo and the version of your ROM.

Sorry if I say that, but in the past I spent hours for "silly" problems just because I didn't follow an approach like the one I described... just keep calm, take a breath and do everything with attention. Compared with other situations we are (I'd say almost 100%) sure that the card doesn't have any problems so it can just be an incompatibility of some sort or something wrong plugging it. There are very few chances that the card is fault/damaged since the shipment was fast and without problems and I am confident that you handled the card with care.

Take your time and keep us informed. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom