Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
BO
Hello all,

I decided to sell my ACA 1230/56 to upgrade to a 1260
I bought it here and I barely used it since then because recently I didn't have much spare time to spend with my beloved Amigas... :(

It comes complete with box and rtc module but neither the previous owner nor me were able to have the clock working. He said that he noticed that the clock didn't work but that he didn't care about it. It could be even due to the mainboard but I never tried the card on a different system. I replaced the battery with a new one but after a power-off the clock starts from 1994. That isn't a big issue for me neither so I haven't tried to investigate about the cause of this behavior.

The card works perfectly and, as you all probably already know, it gives you a great boost with a score of about 12.50 MIPS on sysynfo.

I would like to earn about 240 euros ONO for this card considering that it is the best ACA ever produced and that is is quite difficult to find (I know that I would regret selling it...).

I accept payment by paypal gift or by bank transfer (IBAN) and I will ship only with a tracked method.

I am at work now but I will upload some pictures later this evening.
If interested, please, send me a PM and declare your interest here.

Thanks for reading!

UPDATE

First couple of pics:

SAM_2337.jpg SAM_2338.jpg

Last edited:
Interested will pm later with questions

PM replied.

- - - Updated - - -

Me and baz have a deal.
He already sent me a deposit and he will complete the payment on June 19th.
The card can be considered sold to baz. :)

Parcel has been shipped today with UPS express courier, shipping details sent to the buyer by PM.

Item arrived today will test it and leave feedback later thanks m8
That was very quick delivery well impressed with service

Last edited:
Item arrived today will test it and leave feedback later thanks m8
That was very quick delivery well impressed with service

Excellent,

A few hours ago I received from UPS a confirmation of delivery by email. Their service is great, the courier come to pick up the parcel at my address and they deliver it usually in less than 3 days constantly updating the status on their website. And the cost isn't much higher than international Postal service, many times it is, rater, cheaper.

Hope you will enjoy your new card! :)

I tested the card in both my amiga 1200s and both times i m getting a black screen:eek:

one as 3.1 roms
and the other as 3.0 roms

Last edited:
Hi, wich rev. are your mainboards?
Mine (the one that I bought with the card and the case, etc... ) is a rev 1d1... does anyone know if there are incompatibilities with some revisions?

- - - Updated - - -

I just read online that it could be a "power" issue... what specs have the psu you are using?

one is in a tower 250 what psu

That is weird... as i said I barely used it and it came with this A1200 Tower https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...ctal-R4-Case-with-ACA1230-56-USB-and-Ethernet
It has a 300W PSU but I think that your PSU is more than enough... have you already tried to clean the contacts in the mainboards?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you already read this thread: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?49586-A1200-1D4-with-ACA1230-questions ?

- - - Updated - - -

There is a jumper in the card for 3.0 / 3.1 ROMs... when I received the A1200 Tower there where 3.0 ROMs that I replaced with 3.1 ROMs Have you set it accordingly?

Last edited:
The jumper on a ACA 1230/56 needs to be closed if you are using Kickstart 3.0, have used it successfully on both 3.1 & 3.0 with various motherboard revisions.

Last edited:
Black screen can point to a cpu issue, have you tried cleaning the edge connector?

The jumper on a ACA 1230/56 needs to be closed if you are using Kickstart 3.0, have used it successfully on both 3.1 & 3.0 with various motherboard revisions.

Thanks for your message. Is there anything else that Baz could check? I shipped it yesterday and the shipping was fast and (I suppose, Baz can confirm it) without any issues so I don't think it could have been damaged during the shipment.
Useless to say again that until a few days ago it was working flawlessly on my A1200T...

- - - Updated - - -

Baz, you know that if I wasn't 100% sure that the card was in perfect working order I wouldn't sold it. I am willing to take it back and to give you a refund but I'd suggest to wait until tomorrow or the weekend.
With some patience you try again, maybe outside the case and with calm see if there is something wrong somewhere... many times things change with a clear mind... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom