Closed My TAPUINO model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Item arrived, feedback exchanged.

A few observations from me:

. I had an oblong piece of beige plastic covering the LCD window. Measurements 5.5cm X 1cm. I had to open it to remove it, I have no idea what it is for
. At 1st I couldn't get it to work. It simply said INIT FAILLED. I forgot my microSD card, left it in the PC.
. Saxion.tap failled to load (update, worked 2nd attempt). Now trying space trip (wworks fine).

Improvements to consider:

. PCB should be ENIG (gold plated) for longer life on the datasette edge connector.
. A buzzer should be added with volume knob so you can hear the tape being played
. The case size, shape and colour could be the same as a C2N

Last edited:
Will you provide instructions on how to perform a mod, adding a buzzer ? I would like to 'hear' the sounds of the .TAP file

. I had an oblong piece of beige plastic covering the LCD window. Measurements 5.5cm X 1cm. I had to open it to remove it, I have no idea what it is for
. At 1st I couldn't get it to work. It simply said INIT FAILLED. I forgot my microSD card, left it in the PC.
. Saxion.tap failled to load (update, worked 2nd attempt). Now trying space trip (wworks fine).

Improvements to consider:

. PCB should be ENIG (gold plated) for longer life on the datasette edge connector.
. A buzzer should be added with volume knob so you can hear the tape being played
. The case size, shape and colour could be the same as a C2N

If there is no buzzer in it,whats the switch on top for..?If you don't mind me asking.Love to see what it looks like inside.

Last edited:
The switch seems to turn on/off the backlight on the LED. Inside is a PCB with the ARDUINO and LED PANEL pushed in place. There seems to be no drill holes or silk screening prepared for adding a buzzer. The seller didn't offer any help other than providing a dead link and suggesting I find out myself. I take this as "it can't be done" without a serious mod, which I am currently not in the mood for.

Send me a pic of the board and see if can see I can add one for you by telling you where to put the speaker on the board.i have the Tapuino kit v1.72 that I put in a datasette.?

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

Slide that in behind the keys. it stops them from wobbling about too much. I took mine apart to have a look inside and saw the same piece of plastic and its a perfect fit to go long ways vertically behind the 4 control keys. Yours must have slipped out from behind them during shipping.

Last edited:
Now available in black case. Hurry up, limited edition! :)

P1080288R.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom