EPROM adaptor boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Keir
don't know if I am too late but I love to order also one - kit only or assembled doesn't matter for me.
Shipping would be to Switzerland.
Many thanks
iqb

Hello Keir.
I contacted you some time ago on another sales website. If you have a DIY kit, now or in the near future I would like to buy one. Do you ship to Brazil?

Charles

Whoops just realised I bought a newer revised version of this using a blue stm32 board

Last edited:
I got mine in the mail yesterday. Very pleased with it. It's a nice, compact design. Quality components. Quality assembly work.
Recommended.

Thanks Keir,
great doing business with you.

Oh, and it works well too. ;')

Declaring interest for one - even if only as DIY kit.

Thanks.

EDIT: Payment sent for one DIY Kit.

Last edited:
I experience problems with this board after minipro forced me to update to 6.60 on the software version

i had bought a cheaper "C" version without ICSP port, after reading the net i found out that it's very easy to add, i decided to upgrade this programmer to full "A" version then. Have soldered the ICSP connector and flashed it with "A" firmware. Works rock solid. Be aware, there are a lot of TL866 flashers with dry solder joints, they work unstable until You resolder all connections.
Still have stored the firmware downgrade/update tool somewhere on my desktop PC, will look if You need it

Last edited:
i had bought a cheaper "C" version without ICSP port, after reading the net i found out that it's very easy to add, i decided to upgrade this programmer to full "A" version then. Have soldered the ICSP connector and flashed it with "A" firmware. Works rock solid. Be aware, there are a lot of TL866 flashers with dry solder joints, they work unstable until You resolder all connections.
Still have stored the firmware downgrade/update tool somewhere on my desktop PC, will look if You need it

Hi DJCook,
thank you for the reply. I have not experienced any issue with the older revision of the firmware. The nice about the new one is the new implemented IC support (example M27C128A in my case), but I still feel that the former version 6.50 was better.

It would be nice if you can provide a downgrade tool, thanks ;)

I experience problems with this board after minipro forced me to update to 6.60 on the software version
What kind of problems do you have? I've received my 27C400s yesterday, and I'm ready to test the board I've assembled last week.

Gonna try burning a Kickstart later. Will report back if I have any issues :) Running 6.60 ATM as well.

The only problem i have experienced on this flasher - is 27C800 related, but it seems, that it's not the flasher the matrix of the chips itself is quite often defective. Best results to burn them are with 12.5V and 200uS wave pulse.
Doesn't see any problem to burn any 27C128 chips with 6.50 firmware (just uncheck CHIP ID box and set correct write voltage according to the manufacturers datasheet, that's it!)

Last edited:
Everything went super-smoothly. Tried flashing an A1200 3.1 Kick with 6.60 and had no troubles at all. I want to thank Keir for such an excellent product. Still need to get some 27C800s but I'm sure they'll work as well. Leaving feedback now!

Doesn't see any problem to burn any 27C128 chips with 6.50 firmware (just uncheck CHIP ID box and set correct write voltage according to the manufacturers datasheet, that's it!)

I have problems with 27C128 and 27C64 in version 6.60 where a error pops after 25 % and the work-around here is to choose 27128 and 2764 instead (without C), which is absurd because it is another revision of the same model :picard

choosing 27128 instread of 27C128 changes only pulse delay from 100us to 200us programm process is the same othervise. Some older (and slower) chips need this

The only problem i have experienced on this flasher - is 27C800 related, but it seems, that it's not the flasher the matrix of the chips itself is quite often defective. Best results to burn them are with 12.5V and 200uS wave pulse.

I want to be able to burn 27C160 and 27C800 again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom