CDTV - Some games having problems loading from floppy

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
As the subject, i'm having issues loading some known working floppy disks on my CDTV.

The CDTV is standard with 1.3 Rom and the older CDTV extended Roms. All i've added to it is a Joy/Mouse adapter.

The floppy drive i'm using is a black Commodore CDTV original drive.

Wizball - Used to work but now gets stuck loading on the OCEAN logo. Tried two disks (one backup and one original) which both work on my A1200. Again, it used to work on the CDTV.

Toki - Tried two different backup disks. One gets stuck before the title and the other gets stuck on the screen before the game loads with music playing. Again the disks work fine on other Amiga's I have.

I have tried cleaning the heads of the floppy drive using a floppy disk cleaning solution and a cotton earbud. Didn't seem to pick up any dirt as such.

So far other games I tried have worked fine on it.

EDIT:

Bugger! It could be the disk drive. I hooked up an old Cumana drive I had lying around and Toki loaded fine. Wizball still having issues and tried both KNOWN WORKING disks on it.

Pretty confused now

Last edited:
disable extended rom jp15 near fatagnus for test

When I got my first ever CDTV, I had the same issue. PIACC told me to do exactly the same as what hes suggesting to you and it worked. The CDTV although uses 1mb like an A500, uses some of the memory for the CD side I believe which causes some issues.

Even though Wizball is an old early Amiga (A500 era) game ?

I'll connect a switch to JP15 and try it out .

disable extended rom jp15 near fatagnus for test

When I got my first ever CDTV, I had the same issue. PIACC told me to do exactly the same as what hes suggesting to you and it worked. The CDTV although uses 1mb like an A500, uses some of the memory for the CD side I believe which causes some issues.

Back
Top Bottom