Stand Alone Joystick Tester Wanted

mogouk

Country
uk
Region
cheshire
Need a 9 Pin Atari/Commodore type Standalone Joystick tester, anyone know where i can purchase one?

Thanks in Advance!

Mogouk

I made my own. I'll post a picture later.

Bryce.

I also made one:
C64_joystick_tester_leds.jpg

I also made one:
C64_joystick_tester_leds.jpg

Thanks for the pic but as the request states i wish to purchase one not build one, i dont have the tools to build one, also yours is not stand alone as it is powered by usb, i need a portable battery unit.

Last edited:
I would like to built one myself, could either plazma or mogouk provide me with instructions?
Thank you

Here's the one I made. I like your USB supply, but I needed mine to be fully portable, so it uses a 9V battery with a 5V regulator. If enough people were interested, I could run up a batch of them with professionally made PCBs. I'd probably do it in SMD too.

Bryce.

JoyTester.jpg

i like that bryce,nice and simple.

Last edited:
Thanks. I have a couple of other projects keeping me busy at the moment, but I might make a batch of these when I have time.

Bryce.

I like Bryce's one as well. Might be fun to make as a little project, any chance of instructions and a kit list?

For something that simple I didn't even bother drawing a schematic. But when I get a chance I will.

Bryce.

Cool. I know it's simple, but so am I!

Hi Bryce,

Do you reckon you will get a chance to look at this - I am a noob with electronics but fancy a go at this - reminds me of the little projects at school we used to do!

Cheers
C

I've added it to a list of possible projects that I keep. I have a Spectrum Project that I need to get finished and then I'll come to this one.

Bryce.

I've added it to a list of possible projects that I keep. I have a Spectrum Project that I need to get finished and then I'll come to this one.

Bryce.

Thanks Bryce, much appreciated.

Hi Bryce, just wondering if this is still on your list?
Cheers

I took a long break from retro hardware development, due to several other commitments and other commercial projects I needed to work on, so nothing has been done in this direction. The list hasn't changed since then (and the Spectrum project never got finished either) .(

Bryce.

Right, got myself some electrical bits and bobs, a little project box and some helpful advice via pm and going to give this a go. Pics and final results to follow. Just waiting on one last component to arrive.

Sent from my S7 Edge

Right, got myself some electrical bits and bobs, a little project box and some helpful advice via pm and going to give this a go. Pics and final results to follow. Just waiting on one last component to arrive.

And here is the finished article, with special thanks to Bryce.

Attachments

• 20160905_183545.jpg
    20160905_183545.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
Very cool! Looks good (and I assume it works too) :)

Bryce.

Yep all works except I can't test the fire button 2 functionality as I don't think I have a joystick that has it.

Sent from my S7 Edge

Back
Top Bottom