Not open for further replies.

burf2000

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Hants
I have a A1200T 030 with a IDE splitter in it, I been trying to get A 8gb CF to work with my 2 drives and CDROM and now its doing me in.

So Does anyone want to sell a Harddrive 10gb+ 3.5 that boots with Workbench 3.1 (or 3.9)

I have the 3.1 original disks, I also own Amiga forever CD, incase your worried.

I've got quite a few old HD's.

Fujitsu mb3064at 1.6gb (sounds like a jet taking off lol) too small
WD200 20gb 03/11/2002 no good.
Maxtor 18.6gb (a little noisy)
Seagate st340015a 37.2gb (quiet)

I'll fire them up and see what size I've got and check if they work O.K

Let me know if any appeal to you.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for looking for me, how much for the 37gb I am assuming it 3.5 inch for a tower

i guess the key for me is it be setup to work. I had so many issues with the 8gb cf I just want a plug and play lol.

I just fired the Seagate 37gb up and tried to clean it in diskpart, now it doesn't want to start up. Hmm, maybe it was on it's way out, at least I managed to back it up. Sorry.

If it's any help you could send me the 8gb CF and I'll Install 3.1 on it for you? You could try it as a stand alone boot before attaching it to your splitter. (the CF adapters also come in 40pin ide)

As I think I mentioned before I use a 4xeide'99 adapter so setting it up with that would be no good to you as you use an IdeFix adapter.

To be honest I don't want to sell you a faulty drive, I'm not 100% sure about any of them now :(
I think I'll back them up to SD, just in case. (I picked up a 32gb Sandisk SD card from Tesco for £10) :)

I won £25 on the Lottery last night :D One door shuts another door opens.:)

Last edited:
See my 8GB transend just seems ****

If you want to set up a 16/32gb disk for me that will work with my IDE harddrive and cdrom drive (I can take pics) as master with 3.1 or 3.9 on, happy to sort you out money.
I would really love WHLoad on but hey I can some how sort that over time
I need access to my old drives to copy stuff off,

There is a member on here named fitzsteve who may be a better option for you as I think he lives nearer, send him a PM first and if he can't do it then I'd be happy to help you out.

BTW the 18gb drive has just shown errors a 11% on backing up...:picard

Attachments

• 18gb.png
    18gb.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks mate for all your help, sadly fitzsteve does not take pm's, any chance you could contact him if you know him?

Last edited:
Sorry I don't know him personally. If you still want the help then let me know.

Could be your CF adapter, I've had a couple that only work when set to master with no slave. You could add your hard drive / cd-rom on the second channel as master/slave.

Thanks mate for all your help, sadly fitzsteve does not take pm's, any chance you could contact him if you know him?

His account was deactivated on his request, he no longer posts on this forum. You can find him on EAB with the same user name though.

His account was deactivated on his request, he no longer posts on this forum. You can find him on EAB with the same user name though.

Or on the AmiBay facebook page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom