Country
England
Region
Wigan, NW
Hey y'all

Got a ZX80 for sale, had it powered up and typed out the usual:

10 print "amibay"
20 goto 10

and it all seems to be working fine. The video output isn't brilliant, quite dark and a bit fuzzy... it might be the tv, might be the lead, or the computer, couldn't say for certain. There is also some cosmetic and physical "issues" with the computer, the worst being one corner being broken off, but it doesn't appear to have affected the operation of the unit. (see pics for other marks, etc)

I've not tested it with any tape player or loading stuff as I have no software for it, it comes with an RF lead (from my megadrive) and the original zx80 PSU which appear to be hardwired :huh: It is very much sold as seen.

I've had a looksie on Ebay regarding prices and find them varying wildly so I've decided I'm going to Ebay it at £150 if no-one here is interested. As I know it would go to a loving home here, I'm pricing it at £100 inc. postage (2nd class recorded UK Postage (insured up to £50 - worldwide postage or special delivery insured to full cost would be additional)

the white bits are just dust, it has since been dusted!

Last edited:
Working Sinclair ZX80 computer and original PSU

Looks like it's had the zx81 keypad upgrade, can't remember how you identify whether the ROM is fitted too. SLOW and FAST I think (though it didn't make any difference in ZX80 hardware). Original white PSU too, don't see many like that.
GLWTS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom