For Sale The new PLA substitute - PLAnkton, the new batch is here!

Declaring interest to buy 10 pieces with shipping to The Netherlands.
Sending PM!

- - - Updated - - -

Declaring interest to buy 10 pieces with shipping to The Netherlands.
Funds received! Thank you for your order.

Paypal has turned your address into something... complicated! Please PM this information to me again.

Sorry about this.

PLAnkton is designed to operate and signal at 0-3.75 volts which is the minimum voltage at which a genuine Commodore made PLA will signal. This slightly exceeds the recommended operating voltage of the XC9536XL but that's what's needed for correct operation with the widest array of C64 3rd party products.

Some people have more or less cloned PLAnkton and used a 3.6v regulator which is less than the signaling voltage of the real 906114-01 and it causes a problem with the limit on the amount of current that can be sourced from the outputs. PLAnkton uses a resistor to ensure the voltage will drop if too much current is sourced on the outputs, just like a real Commodore 64 PLA. The error is to use a voltage regulator which will give out the same voltage until it fails.

If anyone prefers to 'wait for PLAnkton II', then I suggest they buy these low quality clones instead as I firmly intend to keep PLAnkton operating in a manner which is as close as possible to the real thing. ;)

Sidenote: I have begun selling PLAnkton about 4 years ago and some of the units I have sold back in August 2015 have been in use nearly 24h a day since. None of them ever failed. That's no failure after 35'000 hours running.

Last edited:
@All

This is a FOR SALE thread

As per my post in this thread

Stop public bickering and name calling.

If you want to discuss the pro's and con's please create a thread in the relevant section and behave like gentlemen when you post.

Hi, interested in 1 unit. Please PM with Paypal details. I'm in Portugal.

Sorry , interest withdrawn.

Last edited:
Hi eslapion,
I am interested into 5 standard PLAnktons.
Please PM with Paypal details.
I'm based in Germany.

Hi, interest in 1x for an SX64 with MOS 906114-01. I would like the version with thr best pins. Will send a PM now.

Received 5 PLAnktons in perfectly working condition.
Again many thanks & positive feedback left :)

Hello eslapion,

I am interested in 5 standard PLAnktons.
Please PM with Paypal details.
I'm based in Argentina.

Thank you

Thank you for your interest people. I will accept orders again in the 1st week of January 2020.

I will only work on orders already accepted during the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom