AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Yorkshire
Thanks to bjt's detective work, he found some replacement switches for the 8833 / 1084 and other monitors - see thread.
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...ips-CM8833-CM8833-II-Commodore-1081-1084-etc/

I ordered 15 from Pollin, as postage was €10, and DarthMaul (marc) also ordered 20. We're happy to sell them on to anyone who needs them. I'm in the UK, and Marc is in Germany.

We've got spares - I've got 12 spare, Marc has 17.

Rather than have 2 threads, we thought we'd try to join up and make sure amibayers got the cheapest possible service based on where they are.

Chiark (UK)
UK Postage 95p as first class large letter, envelope 50p, switch £1.25 each. (It cost me £18.70 all in for 15 delivered)
So if you want 1 to the UK, it'll be £2.70. Two would be £3.95

(If you want recorded delivery, postage is £2.05)
(Postage to France, untracked, as an example, would be £2.45)

Name
Quantity
Total
paid?
Sent?
Timtheloon (UK)
£3.95
YesYes - 28/11
Manic23 (declared in other thread)2£3.95
pghulme (UK)1£2.70YesYes - 28/11
pepap (Cz)1£4.20
RighteousMan5 (UK)1£2.70YesYes 28/11
Zzarko (Austria)3£6.70YesYes 28/11
Hocks (Denmark)2£5.45YesYes 28/11

0 left

Darthmaul (DE)
20 were19,95 EUR delivered. This means €1 straight per switch :) . €0.50 for envelope
- Within Germany, the cheapest option is "Warensendung", which costs 0,90 EUR. I can deliver up to 3 switches in this format, but there is no insurance option. Buyers bare the full risk. If somebody prefers insured shipping within Germany, the option is called "Maxibrief", which is 2,40 EUR base + 2,15 EUR insurance, so 4,55 EUR total. The weight limit for "Maxibrief" is 1 kg, so I could stuff all of my switches in there :-D

- Outside Germany, the cheapest shipping option is "large letter", which costs 3,45 EUR not insured. Weight limit is 500g, so again I could stuff all of my switches in there. Insurance is also 2,15 EUR. If buyer prefers not insured, the full risk is with him.

- Example for 2 switches in Germany not insured (switches + envelope + postage): 2 EUR + 0,50 EUR + 0,90 EUR = 3,40 EUR
- Example for 2 switches outside Germany not insured (switches + envelope + postage): 2 EUR + 0,50 EUR + 3,45 EUR = 5,95 EUR
- Example for 2 switches outside Germany insured (switches + envelope + postage + insurance): 2 EUR + 0,50 EUR + 3,45 EUR + 2,15 EUR = 8,10 EUR

Name
Quantity
Total
paid?
Sent?
Phantom2
Uberfreak (Israel)5
Surfer (Italy)5
Retango (USA)5

0left

Please declare interest here along with your location and preference for who to buy from :D . if this gets too confusing we'll split up, but let's see if we can handle this.

Last edited:
interested in two thanks uk postage please from Chiark (UK) pm sent

Last edited:
Interested in 1 from uk to the UK

Last edited:
I'm afraid that Czech republic is too far away from UK. It may be easier to just grab one (or ten to then distribute them locally) from Pollin: as it turned out they are not that rare or expensive - but long-distance shipping makes them not-so-cheap.

Postage is £2.45 to Czech Republic (I was surprised it wasn't more) so that's £4.20 in total for 1.

Last edited:
Interested in 2 pieces along as they are compatible with 1084S-P2 (Video Monitor)? I don't know if there's a difference in the switch between the old 1084 and the newer 1084S (Video Monitor) monitors.

So, what's the postage from UK and from Germany accordingly?

Last edited:
I have an S-P1 and the replacement is slightly different to the original; electrical contacts are the same, the physical supports are a little different.
Postage from UK is £2.45, so 2 all in would be £5.45. I think it may be a little cheaper from DarthMaul; hopefully he'll work it out :D

Replacement monitor power switches for 1084, Philips 8833mk2 etc

Interested in 4 pcs from cheapest location to Italy, thx

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Interested in 3 pieces, shipped to Austria. I guess that from Germany would be cheaper to ship.

Folks, I've updated the table with the above and I think it means Darthmaul has just 1 left.

For the two wanting 5: it may be worth checking to see how much this would cost from Pollin directly...? I'll leave as-is for now and assume you still want them, but it might be worth checking.

And PM replied :)

- - - Updated - - -

@Chiark:

From Pollin directly - 71 Euros shipping for a single switch :wooha:

Hello, I'll take another one if available for a friend (so the total is 4 + 1 = 5)
I'll send in the evening pm for payment method :) thx

Looks like they're all reserved now... I will send PMs to those getting them from me this evening :) . Hopefully DarthMaul will do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom