Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
Planar PL1520M LCD 15" monitor - Amiga 15KHz RGB signal compatible

PL1520M.jpg
The PL1520M boasts multiple video inputs and a thin design which fits easily in tight spaces. Ideal for security, surveillance and gaming or other video applications the PL1520M features S-Video, Composite Video and Analog inputs, internal speakers, an internal power supply and a small, lightweight package perfect for wall mounting. The high contrast ratio lets your images pop off the screen, while the fast response time enables the PL1520M to keep pace with fast-action video.

Interfaces/Ports
S-VideoYes
VGAYes
Composite VideoYes
HeadphoneYes
Display & Graphics
Screen Size15.00 "
Screen ModeXGA ( 1024x768 )
Color Supported16.7 Million Colors
Contrast Ratio600:1
General Information
ManufacturerPlanar Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part NumberPL1520M
Brand NamePlanar
Product NamePL1520M LCD Monitor
Marketing InformationThe PL1520M boasts multiple video inputs and a thin design which fits easily in tight spaces. Ideal for security, surveillance and gaming or other video applications the PL1520M features S-Video, Composite Video and Analog inputs, internal speakers, an internal power supply and a small, lightweight package perfect for wall mounting. The high contrast ratio lets your images pop off the screen, while the fast response time enables the PL1520M to keep pace with fast-action video.

Technical notes:
This monitor is NOT compatible with the video signal from C64 or VIC-20 computers but it works perfectly well with ALL Amiga computers WITH OR WITHOUT A FLICKERFIXER.

A DB-23 to VGA-15 connector adapter is included (390682-01) so you can just plug this monitor to your Amiga and use it.

This monitor is compatible with both PAL or NTSC Amigas but more overscan is supported on NTSC.

The included power cable is designed for north american electrical outlets but the monitor supports 100-240VAC - usage in Europe simply requires you provide a standard power cable (same as those included with a PC).

Asking 40 Euros (or 45$US) plus shipping and packaging - please provide a shipping address for calculation (package weighs 3.5kg) - The item is presently in Canada.

Price dropped to 30 Euros (or 34$US)!

Last edited:
Interested pending questions.

Are you sure it works with all Amiga modes including without flicker fixer / scan doubler? According to the specifications in the manual, it only goes down to 30 KHz.

From page 29 of manual:

"Input frequency Analog:FH:30KHz to 60KHz
FV:55Hz to75Hz"

Interested pending questions.

Are you sure it works with all Amiga modes including without flicker fixer / scan doubler? According to the specifications in the manual, it only goes down to 30 KHz.

From page 29 of manual:

"Input frequency Analog:FH:30KHz to 60KHz
FV:55Hz to75Hz"
I used this monitor with my Amiga 3000 D and tested it with the internal flickerfixer on and off. It works flawlessly in both cases, there is a slight readjustment of the horizontal/vertical position but not much.

I also tried both the NTSC and PAL display modes. In NTSC mode, I was able to used an overscan of 704 x 480.

This monitor is compatible with NTSC S-Video/Composite signals so I suspect the manufacturer simply didn't consider the possibility somebody would want to use the monitor with an RGB analog signal with a refresh rate equivalent to that of a TV signal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Could you please add a picture showing it displaying a 15khz screen?
I have sold my Amiga 3000 to comraider a few weeks ago. (which you can see in my feedback)

If it doesn't work, I'll refund you completely including the shipping. I have used this monitor for the last 8 years... forgot to mention, I tested an Amiga 500 with it 3 years ago and it didn't have a flickerfixer; worked beautifully.

What Amiga do you intend to use it with? What display mode?

ADDED EDIT:
The only thing I found which clearly wouldn't work with this monitor was C64 and VIC-20 signals. These are slightly off-normal signals and caused the picture to bounce and have horizontal garbage lines.

Last edited:
Thanks again for replying. At this point, going from the manufacturers specifications, I'll have to withdraw interest.

Good luck with the sale!

There are a couple of people I know in the Montreal area. I will try to get a photo of the PL1520M operating at 15KHz but lets just say this is not a high priority on my list considering the amount of money involved here.

For the moment, to anyone who may be interested in buying, I give you my word it works on all properly operating Amiga computers or your money back.

Monitor is presently reserved to deetsay pending calculation of shipping cost.

mrpotatohead2000, I will need your complete address to calculate shipping including your postal code.

ertaks is 3rd in line.

PM sent to deetsay ... awaiting decision

mrpotatohead2000, I need postal code.

Last edited:
Got no replies from ertaks or mrpotatohead2000, mikem is therefore next inline.

Sending PM to mikem

Sorry. Did not get any message frpm you. Still interested

Sent fra min C5503 via Tapatalk

Sorry. Did not get any message frpm you. Still interested

Sent fra min C5503 via Tapatalk

That's probably why you sent me this PM...

ertaks said:
Found the message. Too expensive the shipping costs. Thanks anyway.

Don't worry mikem, you really are next inline...

- - - Updated - - -

Shipping information sent by PM to mikem. Awaiting reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom