CPC6128 & Gotek with LCD, Buzzer and Select button

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi,

Long time ago, I purchased two Gotek. Later I've flashed with the latest HxC firmware and finally I decided to mod one to work with my CPC6128 (or other computers)...

Ideas taken from: Gotek LCD Mod & Gotek + Buzzer

I want to put all wires and mods inside the case and leave outside only the LCD display. I've made a small hand-made PCB to do the connections ....

LCD Mod ...

DSC01168.jpg DSC01174.jpg

DSC01187.jpg DSC01172.jpg

All connected and ...... Works!!!

DSC01175.jpg DSC01181.jpg

Well, it's time for the buzzer .... It's simple, one BC550 transistor and one 1K resistor.

DSC01188.jpg DSC01185.jpg

Now the Select button (must be a Push OFF/ON, not ON/OFF) and the final work

DSC01191.jpg DSC01192.jpg

Last edited:

DSC01193.jpg DSC01194.jpg

And that's all.

Needed materials are inexpensive and now I have one 100% compatible HxC unit. :)

Hi There Just wondering. Where did you get the LCD, and programmer thing from, and nice job too..

Last edited:
Hi There Just wondering. Where did you get the LCD, and programmer thing from, and nice job too..

Thanks, ... well I take the LCD & board on the local market for less than 7 Euro, I don't know about the prices in the EU for these devices (I live/work far, far away .....). The board is a replica of the Arduino Programmed Display Boards... model FC-113, and is ready to connect to the LCD and comunicate with a "serial" device (just 4 pins, vcc, gnd, sda & scl)

Very nice indeed sir.

Thats on my todo list :)

Thanks my friend :)

Last edited:
Hi there again. Could you show us how you flashed the Gotek with the latest HxC firmware.. Also there's no such thing as a Push OFF/ON switch. Just ON/OFF (I looked)..

Thanks..

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Regarding prices.... price per each kit (LCD+Board) is 2.80 Euro. I've purchased four kit's in the past but this is the actual price here. I imagine you can take for similar prices ....

Programming the firmware is very simple. Just copy the .upd file to the USB stick. with the unit off, press the two black buttons together and switch on, wait (with the buttons pressed) for few seconds and that's all. The new firmware version is ready.

Remember that your need to purchase first the HxC Bootloader

About the OFF/ON Push button, I think you need to search a bit more, I have a large stock of OFF/ON and ON/OFF, try asking your local dealers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom