AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Wisconsin
DESCRIPTION:
I am pleased to offer (with the kind permission of Mr. Ralph Babel) a limited number (3 for this thread) of Guru ROMs with New Omni Adapter and Software update (Batch No. 3).

NEW FEATURES:
- The new Omni Adapter can change it's mode from A2091 to GVP (or vice versa) simply by changing a PCB jumper!
- The PCB jumper will also select the A2091 or GVP ROM image if the Omni Adapter is configured with a 27C512 (or equivalent) EPROM (Yes, these Omni Adapters are configured with a 27C512!)
- The new Omni Adapter is backwards compatible with the original 27C256 (or equivalent) EPROMs but these EPROMs must be changed according the mode
- The Software Update is the new v6.16 A2091 omniscsi.device which now supports the A2091/A590 14MHz SCSI mods! (7/14MHz driver operation is controlled via A2091 jumper JP5-2 or A590 DIP1-3)

UPDATE: The GVP version has now been updated to v6.16. However, there is NO functional change for GVP owners with this update. It's merely a "Cosmetic" update to keep the GVP version in parallel with the A2091 version.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE:
All Guru ROM Software included with the new Omni Adapter is copyright Ralph Babel (All rights reserved).

SUPPORT:
The primary Guru ROM support site is:
http://babel.de/amiga.html#omni

WARNINGS:
The new Omni Adapter has only been tested with the Commodore A2091, GVP G-Force 030 Combo and A2000 HC+8. I can NOT guarantee it will work with the Commodore A590 or the large number of GVP Series II variants which exist. I can only suggest that in theory it SHOULD work with these variants. The most likely problem will be with physically fitting the new Omni Adapter into A500 side-cars and some GVP Series II variants. Therefore, if you fail to consider the following physical dimensions of the new Omni Adapter than your purchase and/or usage is at your own risk.

ENGLISH (IMPERIAL): Width .821" x Length 1.613" x Height .4"*
METRIC: Width 2.1cm x Length 4.1cm x Height 1.0cm*

*Height is measured from the bottom of the Omni Adapter PCB to the top of the EPROM

UPDATE: Buyer Assahi (Batch No. 1) reported the New Omni Adapter working "Perfectly" with the A590 and "Flawlessly" with the GVP A530. Thank you very much Assahi!

CAUTION:
The EPROM and Socket on the Omni Adapter are keyed. If you install either the EPROM or the Omni Adapter backwards you may damage the EPROM or Omni Adapter or both. The Omni Adapters mode jumper (JP1) connects to both VCC (+5V) and GND. On systems with fully populated Zorro slots, case or PSU modifications and A500 side-cars, it is suggested that you cover JP1 with insulating tape to prevent any possible (but unlikely) shorts from occuring.

NOTE:
These Guru ROMs are made with approx. 50% new and 50% recycled components.

PRICE:
$45.00 + Shipping + Paypal fees or Paypal in Gift.

PURCHASE LIMIT:
I have only a limited amount of time to source components, build, test, sell, package and ship these Guru ROMs. So please understand the fairest policy is to limit them to one (1) purchase per Amibay member.

USA TERMS:
Paypal purchase or gift payments are accepted with the following limitations: No Paypal credit card payments please and Paypal purchase Payments require shipping to a Paypal confirmed address. Shipping in USA will be via USPS First Class mail with tracking. Insurance is optional (upon request).

INTERNATIONAL TERMS:
Paypal gift payments are accepted with the following limitation: No Paypal credit card payments please. Note: Buyers in GERMANY should verify their ability to send Paypal Gift (Personal) payments before declaring interest. International shipping will be via USPS First Class mail. International buyers BEWARE: Tracking and Insurance service is NOT available for USPS First Class mail. However, Registered mail service is available (upon request) which may reduce the risk of lost mail. Customs duties and VAT vary by country so please consider them before declaring interest.

Proof of shipment will be provided to international buyers as follows:

1) Picture of package with shipping label
2) Scanned image of customs declaration form
3) Scanned image of USPS postage receipt

Attachments

• OmniSCSI6.16.PNG
    OmniSCSI6.16.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Omni_Final_PCB.jpg
    Omni_Final_PCB.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Omni_Update.jpg
    Omni_Update.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Omni_Update_Side.jpg
    Omni_Update_Side.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Guru ROMs with New Omni Adapter and Software update

Interested in one unit. PM later ..

Last edited:
Payment received from AXm77. Thanks! :)

...and package shipped today!

Got my today. Very nice.
SpeedGeek, can you post picture of it installed on a card? (to be 100% sure installation is correct?)

To make thing more "fun", yesterday SCSI of my A2091 decided to quit, Amiga still recognize memory from it. :huh:
Any ideas what to look for?

Last edited:
Got my today. Very nice.
SpeedGeek, can you post picture of it installed on a card? (to be 100% sure installation is correct?)

To make thing more "fun", yesterday SCSI of my A2091 decided to quit, Amiga still recognize memory from it. :huh:
Any ideas what to look for?

Hi AXm77,

I'm glad to hear it was delivered so quickly! :)

Sorry, I forgot to leave you feedback sooner, but I have been VERY BUSY with the other buyers and some special issues regarding their purchase. Also, the interested (next in line) have questions to be answered as well.

I will try to post of picture of an installed example within the next few days, but your A2091 SCSI could quit for several reasons. I suggest you check A2091 JP2 (the auto boot disable jumper), re-seat the SCSI driver ROMs and "SCSI Chip". Also, check your SCSI cable and power supply connections to your SCSI boot drive. Also, if you have another boot-able drive you could try that as well. Good luck! ;)

EDIT: Added "SCSI Chip" and A2091 install picture

Attachments

• Omni_A2091_Install.jpg
    Omni_A2091_Install.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Sorry for delay, just posted feedback for transaction.

I hope I can revive my card, so I can test it.

Payment received from tbtorro. Thanks! :)

...and package shipped today!

Also, PM sent to next in line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom