Not open for further replies.

Acill

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Country
United States
Region
Oxnard, Ca.
If you have an Amiga and have never had the caps replaced it needs to be done! I can also upgrade SIMM sockets, replace chips, repair soldering done by others that didnt know what they were doing, trace repairs, upgrade pin headers and hard drive headers, desolder modulators and more. If you have something that needs to be done just ask. I can also do consoles and other computers if required.

ONLINE STORE: http://www.acill.com

1. Parts supplied by you are not guaranteed but I will use them if you request it.
2. Shipping is your responsibility both ways, use a prepaid label for return included in the box you send would be an easy solution.
3. Prices will be competitive with others, doing this to help you, not rip you off. I do need to cover the cost of the materials and my equipment though keep in mind.
4. The job will done right and clean, but its still at your risk. Miracles cant be worked on a bad board if they are eaten up from corrosive electrolytic leakage. Every effort will be made to repair however.

I am in Southern California near the LA area. You can send a PM to me here and I will let you know if the job can be done or not. I can test boards I repair in most cases if I have the ability to get power to the board you send and bench test it. As times goes on I plan to get a few rigs made up depending on how often I get work. Amiga gear is not cheap and I cant go out and just buy kit I may never use more than once or twice.

Last edited:
Started taking orders. I can provide cap kits if you don't mind having to wait for them to come in once I assess the board to be done.

Any pictures of your previous work? I have a couple of A4000s that need recap, battery replacement and potentially other work.

I can send pictures on request sure. I only charge a minimal fee though. This is something I do for select friends up to a few months ago though. I have been asked to do more and have the time now for it, so I am offering service here in the US. I don't think many of us here in the US are doing them and are also actual Amiga users. I can test anything I do as well.

Kremlars A3640 all done. New caps with correct polarity to fix Commodore's mistake even.

Attachments

• 20160529_185542.jpg
    20160529_185542.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20160529_192738.jpg
    20160529_192738.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Finished Kremlars A4000T at last! That is one challenging board let me tell you! Came out great though.
20160530_121612.jpg

Another A4000 saved from the evil leaking caps! This one heading back to wlemonds in Texas.

Attachments

• 1465000174354-1585241789.jpg
    1465000174354-1585241789.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
Some progress work on kreciu's A1200. This one came in with damage when it was shipped to him. SMD cap was broken off, the power connecter is very damaged and the coil below it was broken. I've desoldered all the caps, the old power connector and the coil. I'll be putting all new ones on next.

Any idea what happened with those? Have they melted or was there some gunk all over the board like that?

They were damaged from something in the case getting loose and smashing into everything during shipping to the owner from someone. They worked, but I didnt trust leaving them like this and replaced them with new ones.

Services still available. If you are US located and looking for recap or other restorations please let me know. I have professional tools and can do most jobs including socket installs, simm slot replacements, and more.

Here are some recent jobs completed.

A3000 repaired and complete cleanup after it sat for several years.

A1200 repaired after being damaged during shipping to the owner.

A1200 Recap, modulator removed and cleanup

Macintosh Color Classic Repair and Recap

A3000 Trace repair and new Paula with socket.

Last edited:
I received an A4000 in for a recap from WLemonds. All went well and it tested fine when I was done. Sent it back and I get word he cant select any AGA modes. I was upset I missed this, but I didnt know and so I asked him to return it. I am pleased to say I fixed it after repairing several traces in the battery area I found weak, and had to replace U976. Since I missed this one, weather it was there before worknig on it or not I have no way to know, I didnt charge for all this work. Pleased to say we have one more working Amiga back in the world though! Some examples of bad traces found. These are part of the RTC circuit. Old U976 removed, cleaned up pad and solder paste going on to put the new chip in place.New U976 in place along with a new coin cell holder.256 colors mode is now working again!!!

First step in restoring Magnetics A4000D. This one was given to me as a dead A4000. I've slowly been getting it restored to working condition. Before this simm socket change everything worked, but its getting RAM Lib errors when we try to install a mediator 4000, including a brand new black one just in from Elbox. The previous owner actually used Superglue to hold these old RAM sticks in the old broken sockets!

Old Sockets after first one removed.

Getting closer to these crap plastic clip ones being GONE!

Old sockets gone and ready for a refresh!

Yup, three is all you need if you install them in this order. 2MB in slot 0 for chip, 16MB in 2 and 4, or 32MB if you have done the 64MB hack!

More progress on Magnetics A4000 restoration project. I did a recap today. Also discovered the clock chips and traces are bad. Will be repairing those soon.

Caps removed and ready to be replaced.

Rough Looking clock chips and traces. Will have to repair these next time I work on it.

Solder paste down for two caps. Some of you asked how I do this, and this is how.

Cap soldered into place and the next one ready to go in beside it.

The A4000 all complete with new caps.

On to the next project!

Last edited:
Since I got the new 68060 in today I decided to prep Japer80's Apollo 1240 for the 1260 upgrade. I got the 1240 desoldered and the old boot ROM as well. The new ROM is fitted in place after desoldering. Im just waiting for my regulator parts and it will be done. I am sure he will be glad to have it back!

68040 is out of this thing!

Holes are cleaned up and ready for the 060 once regulator is installed and setup.

New Boot ROM all ready to go

Awesome work ! Keep it up :)

I have a motherboard for you which doesnt work. Are you coming to AmiWest this year ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom