Sold A500/A1000 Amigos external MFM hard disk controller, and A1000 MFM controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

salaxi54

Incoming ASROC!
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
138   0   1
Country
GREECE
Region
Athens
For sale is this rather rare setup. An Amigos/Promigos exxternal MFM disk controller that comes with two hard disks.Mounted in the box are a Samsung SHD-2040N 40MB MFM drive, and a NEC D3142 40MB MFM drive.The unit consists of two sub-assemblies, and details can be found here:http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/amigoshd System is untested, thus the price. So sorry to admit i can't go through the process of testing it with an A1000, or i would reconsider even selling it.

A1K1_zpsj37dhmbw.jpg

A1K2_zps1b8ww5uu.jpg

A1K3_zps89tvrfso.jpg

A1K4_zps8awzwbvw.jpg

A1K5_zpszn4qzrek.jpg

A1K6_zpsdilgj5ww.jpg

A1K7_zpsitqscrug.jpg

A1K8_zpsgeuowlqs.jpg

A1K9_zpsku9jxhlt.jpg

A1K10_zps5dtud9ps.jpg

A1K11_zpsfsxv5dzu.jpg

A1K12_zpsloj91eot.jpg

A1K13_zpsyt1kdaid.jpg

A1K14_zpsb4fsuvnn.jpg

A1K15_zpswdrcpqzv.jpg

A1K16_zpsm1xzrujd.jpg

A1K18_zpsy9e3j4db.jpg

A1K17_zpszbiwdzcr.jpg

Asking 150 Euros plus shipping. Paypal gift or add appropriate fees please. Should be rather heavy, due to the 2 disks included..

Second up is another external MFM controller of similar philosophy, for the A1000. Will require power to the disk itself (5v & 12vdc molex)

A5K1_zpsupu9dipa.jpg

A5K2_zpsylv3ttvu.jpg

A5K3_zpsunkb3t4x.jpg

A5K4_zps1gfmqnoc.jpg

Need to post a few more pics; seems the system won't let me post them all together...Anyhow, looking for 75 Euros plus shipping on the second unit. This is also untested. What you see is what you get. Heavy sunofagun also.PayPal gift or add appropriate fees please. Will post the rest pics in a moment.
Thanks for looking!

- - - Updated - - -

Last set of pics for the second unit:

A5K5_zpshjfmguou.jpg

A5K6_zpsfhzf2ysa.jpg

A5K7_zpsqkhpg7md.jpg

A5K8_zpsaq5ikpm8.jpg

A5K9_zpsijmjyfhg.jpg

First unit weights in a little over 3,5 kgrs, and second unit approx. 1,5 kgrs. Please keep that in mind when asking for shipping!
Thanks

Last edited:
An update! I tested both units today. The first one is working. However, it has an issue with the power supply. Meaning, it sometimes works, it sometimes doesn't.
Shouldn't be a dramatic issue, for i tested it with another ATX PSU and it works fine. All it needs is 5 and 12 VDC on 3 Molex receptacles. One plugs to the board, and 2 on the hard drives. The one drive (NEC) is already formatted and has some contents, and the second one (Samsung) needs formatting (reports as not a Dos unit).
I've ran things from within the 1st drive, and it goes pretty well. Note that it requires KS 1.3 at least. Here's some pictures from testing:

A1KHD%201_zps7ze2c5rq.jpg

A1KHD%202_zpsksoe9agh.jpg

A1KHD%203_zpsvesoksfp.jpg

A1KHD%204_zpssfhcyycn.jpg

A1KHD%207_zps7cc2y7ja.jpg

A1KHD%205_zpshs9e2b3s.jpg

A1KHD%209_zpsvjklua1j.jpg

A1KHD%208_zps9qwvbh4m.jpg

A1KHD%2010_zps10llpswx.jpg

A1KHD%2011_zpsge02emhf.jpg

A1KHD%2013_zps81dyfifo.jpg

A1KHD%2012_zpskjgv7oun.jpg

A1KHD%206_zpssmibons1.jpg

After this test, i state this as a 'partially working unit', only matter is the PSU, which you can easily swap for a small AT or ATX one. I'm asking 200 Euros which will include shipping towards EU (signed-for). Was 150 plus shipping as untested. Actually it sums up at about the same price..
Second unit tested does nothing, so selling as 'not working' for 50 Euros plus shipping. Was 75 plus shipping.
Thanks for looking!

Problem is knew ?

I'm sorry, but can you please rephrase? Do you mean if 'problem is new'? or 'problem is known'?
I initially posted this unit as untested. Then i managed to test it, and discovered that the problem is on the power supply. It sometimes works, sometimes not! This means, that you either replace the power supply or repair it..
Am i clear enough now?

Hello,

first Unit is still available ?

Does the Connection Box have
the Promigos Autoboot Controller in it ?

How much is shipping to Germany ?

Greetings , Fred

Yes, first unit is still available, and boots as long as you have a 1.3 Kickstart. You get both parts in the package (small side-expansion interface, and big metal box with drives and controller). If you went through my second update (after testing it), i'm selling the package for 200 Euros which includes shipping to EU.
EDIT: Sorry, i was in a hurry! I think it required a WB 1.3 floppy in order to boot, can't test it right now though. If you have a photo of how the autoboot module looks, i can open and check it out.

Last edited:
Ok great .... lets check if it is an Promigos Autoboot Controller
in the small Connection Box , it has to look like this :

https://picclick.de/PROMIGOS-Festplattencontroller-Amiga-500-112742235664.html

Perhaps you can open the small Box , get off the upper Side and Post a Photo here ?

If it is the Promigos Autoboot Controller, i buy the complete first System
from you for 200.- Euros including Shipping to Germany.

greetings, Fred

Ok its the Promigos Autoboot Controller ...

can you do a last try before i buy it please ?

what happens when you try to power up just
one harddisk ? Then it works or just the same failure
with the power supply ?

anyhow, please send me an email adress for
paypal payment via PM.... i will pay 200.- euros
and reply my adress via PM

greetings, Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom