hese

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
486   0   0
Country
Finland
Region
Savo
I have been asked by AXm77 to assembly GBA1000 expansion boards for him. This thread shall be updated as the assemblying progresses and also to exchange feedback after the transaction is done.

Package sent today (ETA: 2 weeks). As we agreed, I send PCB's and CPU to hese and he will provide all parts and assembly.

The PCBs and the CPU have arrived. Now waiting for the parts to arrive.

Some of the parts arrived this week. The assembling has begun.

Last edited:
Hi hese,

Thanks for starting the thread (y)
I'm really interested in the order you build the board up. What are you starting with, the smd first?

Hi ObjectiveD,

first I solder the fine pitched smd parts (gpu, cpld chips, usb chip, 74ALVT16543s, memory modules) and after that the rest of the smd parts (other ICs, oscillators, capacitors, resistors, ...). And finally the through-hole components.

- - - Updated - - -

Noticed some minor quality issues with the turbo card PCB. There are a few spots on the PCB that have an excessive amount of solder mask paint (?) over the traces. The traces do conduct so probably not a problem.

Last edited:
I don't see any problems in those pictures. Can you circle what you consider to be a quality issue?

Bryce.

Oh yeah. That is a bit of a mess. I was more focused on the IC pin pads and missed it completely. Still not a problem though, it's just messy masking, it won't effect the function. It would be a problem for pick and place though because the IC wouldn't sit flat.

Bryce.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for confirming, Bryce.

Small update: The boards are almost ready. Still waiting for a few components.

The remaining parts finally arrived and the boards are now fully assembled.

A few pictures of the turbo card in action.

And the Graka graphics card.

And the Thylacine USB card.

The boards ready for dispatch.

Looks like it will be problem with that "deal". Can any forum staff help?

@hese

Could you please update this thread on if the item has been dispatched or not?

His replay:

"This is going nowhere. Clearly there are too much issues with this deal that we clearly can't agree upon. I'll return your 68060 processor and empty new green pcbs back to you. Hope you get someone else to assemble them."

WTH is that? parts exchange after 2 months? Problem is, I asked for fully insured package....

Last edited:
AXm77 please send a complete report on the situation and why the deal could be problematic, posting PMs publically is a no-go and tbh noone understood what is going on here even with the PM you posted.
I see hese build your boards, they are working so what is the issue? lost in mail? you wanted to build more but hese cannot?

Hese's account has been frozen, until this transaction can be resolved between the parties concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom