040/060 adapter (The Matze version)

britlord

Country
usa
Region
Michigan
Last edited:
He means a full 060 cpu instead of a 68lc060 cpu. And if you do use the full 060 then, yes, you will need to burn yourself a kickstart with the speciall exec.library (probably cosmos own library)

from the wiki:

The Motorola 68060 ("sixty-eight-oh-sixty") is a 32-bit microprocessor from Motorola released in 1994.[1] It is the successor to the Motorola 68040 and is the highest performing member of the 68000 series. Two derivatives were produced, the 68LC060 and the 68EC060.

The 68EC060 is a version of the Motorola 68060 microprocessor, intended for embedded controllers (EC). It differs from the 68060 in that it has neither an FPU nor an MMU. This makes it less expensive and it draws less power.

The 68LC060 is a low cost version of the Motorola 68060 microprocessor with no FPU. This makes it less expensive and it draws less power

Last edited:
Ok Thanks.. Though I will use a full blown 060, so I'll have to look for cosmos own library. Do you know where I can get them, as I went to his blog but no files there (He was complaining "I just saw some ****ers sell my hard work on EAB, so no more release here").

Thanks again..

Last edited:
I Just did and he emailed them to me... (One for the 1200, 2000, 3000 and one for the 4000). Now how the hell do you do make a 3.9 ROM LOL (I do have the blank ROM's though)

Last edited:
He will gladly make one for you as well if you ask. Cheaper than getting the equipment to do it yourself.

Last edited:
If it is a fake, it is impossible to know before doing an actual test.

I think the first one with mask 01f43g is the one you want, not sure about the other one.
Someone else might comment on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Check this out. Alot of info about masks and fakes. In german, but nothing google translate will fix. :)

http://www.amigawiki.de/doku.php?id=de:parts:68060_mask

Last edited:
Let us know how it works out. I am in the market for one myself.

Ok I sure will.. Guys I asked Cosmos and he's sending me a 3.9 ROM with the 42 Pin IC socket Phew!!!! as he sure is a nice guy...

Now I have really fast 2000 eh??

Last edited:
That's good news. I hope it works out for you (y)

Guys I think that the 75MHz processor is a fake. Because I read that Motorola didn't do a 75MHz 060.. I looked for a 60MHz Processor but couldn't find one (which they did make), so I bought this 50MHz one (For now), and its a genuine MC one too. But to overclock it to 60MHz, I need a 120MHz crystal Oscillator (4 pin Can version), and I can't find that too (Only 100MHz or 125MHz). You see this is my project. A 2000 with a fusion-forty, 040/060 adapter with a 060 processor, 32MB fast ram. Oktagon SCSI card with 2MB ram on it, 36GB Hard-Drive, and a 2MB Picasso ii RTG graphics card.. Last but not least.. A Indivision ECS scandoubler / flicker fixer

Oh. Cosmos burned me the 3.9 ROM without the special exec.library LOL (He forgot to put it in), so he did another ROM for me (It's on it's way to me), and told me to keep the other one. How nice is that eh??...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272258564095?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:
I don't thing the clock is divided by two when using this adapter. At least it isn't on the a3640.

britlord, you need 60MHz oscillator (not 120MHz) if you want to run the 68060 at 60MHz with this adapter.

Ok. Though how come my Fusion-forty which has a 28MHz processor (040). But the Oscillator is double that at 56MHz, and there's no oscillator on the adapter (Not sure though), so it must use the one on the Fusion-Forty (Am I wrong)

Last edited:
The BUS clock of the 040 needs to run @ 2x CPU speed, the 060 does not.

Guys I'm back, and I'll add pictures of my 2000 being restored with all the upgrades. But I have to update the SCSI2SD v6 firmware, which I haven't done yet. Though will a 32MB Scan disk work in it or is it too big. I have made large partitions on the card using Winuae. Except DH0 (System) which is small (500 MB). But DH1 (Applications) , DH2 (Games) and DH3 (.adf files) partitions are over 4GB (I used the large files system)......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom