Not open for further replies.

20Watt

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Country
Scotland
Region
Inverclyde
I have a Commodore 1084S-D1 which needs attention - it powers on but only displays 3 lines (red/green/blue) across the top of the screen. Discussed further here: https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?84402-Another-dead-1084S-(

I have very little idea how to troubleshoot electronics like this, would someone be willing to have a go at getting it back to working order for me? Given its age, would it be worth considering getting it recapped as well?

Thanks

David

youll have to send the entire monitor

never recapped any of mine and there fine,only had to replace faulty ones,but thats up to you,it would be extra
i have no idea what it would cost to repair,thats depends on time taken and parts required to put it right

youll have to send me a pm for my address for shipping ,so youll ahve to make sure its bombproof

No worries, you can let me know how much work it needs once you see it, thanks! I'll need to source some suitable packaging, I'll send you a PM once I'm ready to arrange the courier.

On the subject of couriers, are there any you would recommend I avoid using for this?

Thanks

David

i would use ups for this.avoid hermes or anyone like that although i do use them,only because its big lump of plastic and glass that needs care in shipping

ill pack it up when it gets here for the return journey.so dont worry about that part.if you double box it and use foam padding all around it at least 3-4 inches thick it should servive the journey ok to me,and please send it signed for obviously...i dont want to come in and find they dumped it in my trade bin,or thrown over my back gate...ive seen them do that before.
if its signed for,somone has to take responsibilty for it.
yes,ill try to let you know the costs of the repair.
if i can get the parts its fixable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom