Found SAS/C 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am relatively certain there is a copy of SAS/C 6.5, with manuals but no box, at the warehouse. I'm going there later today, I'll confirm. Maybe a 5% possibility that there is a boxed copy on the shelf somewhere, so I'll check for that too.

Ok I was wrong. There are TWO copies of SAS/c 6.5. Both are complete. And one is literally new in box, straight from the SAS Institute. I’ll upload some pics when I get home.

Here are some pics. There are 2 complete sets here. One has the actual binders. The other does not have binders, but the binder contents are still sealed from the factory. Both come with floppies. Both are version 6.5. I've seen some older versions around too.

I just checked on the internet archive, and Lattice C 6.5 manuals are not scanned, so I'll probably want to scan one of these (the unsealed one). And ADF up the disks too.

Set 1:
IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1
The other set:
IMG_1899.jpg

Yay! Double-boxing!

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

I should point out that I haven't tried any of these disks yet, but from experience with disks this old, The failure rate seems to be about 1 in 5 ~ 1 in 10. Hopefully between the 2 full sets, plus the set of backups that one of these owners made, we should be able to get out at least one complete working set of ADFs.

I just checked on the internet archive, and Lattice C 6.5 manuals are not scanned, so I'll probably want to scan one of these (the unsealed one). And ADF up the disks too.

Please do scan the manuals in, I have the disks but no manuals. I think the ADFs are widely available but guaranteed clean ones would be great too.

I would love to buy one of these sets but the postage from the US to UK would be far too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom