Offered Amiga 1200 Premium recap and upgrade service

Hi,
my new amiga 1200 is arrived. I m interested in a premium service... as I wrote you weeks ago... the internal drive doesn t work!
I will send you pictures asap.

Hi @tbtorro (or should I say, Schwarzenegger)? ;-) (sorry, some primitive humour here after a long day at work..)

I'm thinking of sending my 1D4 board to you in order for it to be terminated (or at least, the e123c and e125c caps); alongside replacing other leaky capactors on the motherboard & a general health-check. I guess the RF modulator should be removed as well?, and the audio output stage + ports checked. Wondering if this is part of the premium service, or if it is extra, and also how busy you are wrt. fixing boards atm.

I can send some pics this weekend so a price can be determined; assuming you have time & interest to look at it!

Thanks & greetz!

Hi @tbtorro (or should I say, Schwarzenegger)? ;-) (sorry, some primitive humour here after a long day at work..)

I'm thinking of sending my 1D4 board to you in order for it to be terminated (or at least, the e123c and e125c caps); alongside replacing other leaky capactors on the motherboard & a general health-check. I guess the RF modulator should be removed as well?, and the audio output stage + ports checked. Wondering if this is part of the premium service, or if it is extra, and also how busy you are wrt. fixing boards atm.

I can send some pics this weekend so a price can be determined; assuming you have time & interest to look at it!

Thanks & greetz!

Thanks for your interest - you have my PM..

Great - PM sent. Figured you were a little busy so thanks for taking the time to consider it.

Pictures taken and sent - hopefully these don't suck as badly. Coming by email now as I just saw your reply re: Dropbox. :)

@tbtorro

Recently got back an A1200 (Rev2b) that I gave to my Mum years ago, after some cleanup, powered it on tonight and it still works (yay!).

I'm based in Australia, can you give any indication of the cost of your service?

This is my first post so not sure I can PM you photo's yet.

Cheers

Last edited:
@tbtorro

Recently got back an A1200 (Rev2b) that I gave to my Mum years ago, after some cleanup, powered it on tonight and it still works (yay!).

I'm based in Australia, can you give any indication of the cost of your service?

This is my first post so not sure I can PM you photo's yet.

Cheers
Hi

Perhaps post at the introduce yourself thread to reach the count - it's not so hard - and send a PM to discuss details.

PM with photo's sent, I just attempted to remove the RF module, but my vacuum solder gun isn't heating up :/

@tbtorro; seems my board is still in status 'waiting for delivery', although it was received on March 23rd. ;) Let me know when you've had a chance to look at it.

@tbtorro; seems my board is still in status 'waiting for delivery', although it was received on March 23rd. ;) Let me know when you've had a chance to look at it.

I just missed to update your status, it's corrected now :) Your board will be finished and shipped during next week.

Allright, sounds good. Wasn't aware that work had actually started on it. Looking forward to seeing it, and if there are other things to report for the board wrt. the audio coupling issue we talked about and whether Lisa+Gayle are in good shape (the HAM-mode output issue, etc.) Will the kickstart sockets remain the same, btw? (I see these in some cases are changed to precision sockets)

Allright, sounds good. Wasn't aware that work had actually started on it. Looking forward to seeing it, and if there are other things to report for the board wrt. the audio coupling issue we talked about and whether Lisa+Gayle are in good shape (the HAM-mode output issue, etc.) Will the kickstart sockets remain the same, btw? (I see these in some cases are changed to precision sockets)

All of these will be discussed via PM.

DragonFly's A1200 premium pack is complete, complete recap with high quality organic polymer caps (they will NEVER leak again), new CIA chips (socketed), new Paula (socketed), new Lisa (socketed), 68882 FPU installed (socketed), RF removed, PCMCIA LED activity components installed, ACA timing fixes done, new KS 3.1 ROMs, new IDE port ready for another millennium of retrogaming.. :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

Thanks. The socketed chips & new IDE port look great. I'm guessing these aren't the final pictures, though(?), as it still shows the KS 3.0 ROMs & the board itself is a bit dusty in places & has writing on it (which hopefully washes off!)
Anyway, appreciate the update.

Board arrived today - looks awesome! There's not even a hint that soldering work has been done on it, and the socketed chips look like they came pre-installed from the factory. Quite impressive! :rainbow: btw. I noticed Paula is either sligthly higher than the others, as it sticks out a little bit from the socket (either that or it has the 'Fat Agnus issue' and will need pushing down.)

Will unfortunately not have the chance to test it this weekend though as I am away. :-| But glad I got a look at it.

And yes, you did remember the customs declaration @tbtorro, so no worries regarding extra costs. ;)

Back
Top Bottom