Thread: Using a SCSI2SD V6 board...

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

Default Using a SCSI2SD V6 board...

Hi.All.. I've just received a SCSI2SD V6 board (To use in my A2000) But I have notice that there's no SCSI ID jumper header on the board.. Will that be a problem getting it to work, as I like the idea of using a mini SD card to use as a hard-drive (No noise). I have already partitioned, and installed ClassicWB onto the card (in Winuae), so it's ready to go (32GB)...

If anyone has any info using this board in an Amiga. Please let me know..

Thanks..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scsi2sd-v6.02.jpg  
    Last edited by britlord; 16th August 2016 at 22:19.

Country
    United States
    Region:
    California
    Feedback
    30 (100%)

There's a GUI based utility that configures your SCSI2SD and lets you set SCSI IDs. Infact you can logically partition the SD card and expose multiple devices if you want!

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/ind..._Configuration

Country
    United States
    Region:
    Idaho
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

Also note that the firmware just left beta for the v6 boards, with an update on Aug 14 that fixes some pretty severe problems. You'll want to make sure to update the firmware to the latest. I had a bit of an issue doing this, and had to force the board into update mode with a shunt on BOOTLDR. I also couldn't get my Mac to update the firmware using the utility, and had to resort to DfuSe on Windows. Good luck.

Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Quebec
    Feedback
    78 (100%)

I checked the Wiki and it doesn't say if this neat device will work ok with CMD HD drives or good ole' Windows 95/98 PCs with Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI controllers.

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

[QUOTE=joethezombie;794502]Also note that the firmware just left beta for the v6 boards, with an update on Aug 14 that fixes some pretty severe problems. You'll want to make sure to update the firmware to the latest. I had a bit of an issue doing this, and had to force the board into update mode with a shunt on BOOTLDR. I also couldn't get my Mac to update the firmware using the utility, and had to resort to DfuSe on Windows. Good luck.[/QUOTE

Ok. But how do I update the firmware, as I do have STMicroelectronics DfuSe for windows (What is needed)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eslapion View Post
    I checked the Wiki and it doesn't say if this neat device will work ok with CMD HD drives or good ole' Windows 95/98 PCs with Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI controllers.

Its going on a Oktagon 2008...
    Last edited by britlord; 17th August 2016 at 19:57.

Country
    United States
    Region:
    Tennessee
    Feedback
    39 (100%)

I went through a bit of pain getting mine set up in my 2000. Michael, the creator of the SCSI2SD was a huge help. This was the advice that he gave to me:

"Try 15 heads, 63 blocks per cylinder (I think this is the same as 'sectors per track) and 8876 cylinders. This is a little less than 4gb, and the sector count in scsi2sd-util should be updated to match (15 * 63 * 8876).There is an option in scsi2sd-util to save the config to an XML file. This file has additional settings for heads and sectors per track which aren't in the gui. You can change the defaults (15, 63) then load the XML file back into scsi2sd-util and save to the device."

That worked once I downgraded from a 16G SD card to a 4G SD card.

Edit: I see that he has made some fixes to the "SD
    card compatibility issues", maybe it will handle a 16G card now.

- - - Updated - - -

As for updating the firmware:

http://www.codesrc.com/files/scsi2sd/latest/

No special hardware is needed, just a USB cable if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by rootboy; 18th August 2016 at 01:46.

Country
    United States
    Region:
    Idaho
    Feedback
    2 (100%)

CAREFUL! Rootboy linked to files for version 5 of the board. You have a version 6, so don't use that firmware!

As far as updating the firmware, it depends on what firmware came with your card. If you have one of the early betas, you'll probably need to use DfuSe.

The files for v6 boards are here:
    http://www.codesrc.com/files/scsi2sd-v6/latest/

Load up the util6 for your OS, and then plug the card in with the USB cable. It should report what version of firmware. You can download the firmware.dfu file from the previous link and attempt to use the built-in updater from the util6 utility to upgrade. If it fails, let me know and we can work through the manual update using DfuSe.

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rootboy View Post
    I went through a bit of pain getting mine set up in my 2000. Michael, the creator of the SCSI2SD was a huge help. This was the advice that he gave to me:

"Try 15 heads, 63 blocks per cylinder (I think this is the same as 'sectors per track) and 8876 cylinders. This is a little less than 4gb, and the sector count in scsi2sd-util should be updated to match (15 * 63 * 8876).There is an option in scsi2sd-util to save the config to an XML file. This file has additional settings for heads and sectors per track which aren't in the gui. You can change the defaults (15, 63) then load the XML file back into scsi2sd-util and save to the device."

That worked once I downgraded from a 16G SD card to a 4G SD card.

Edit: I see that he has made some fixes to the "SD
    card compatibility issues", maybe it will handle a 16G card now.

- - - Updated - - -

As for updating the firmware:

http://www.codesrc.com/files/scsi2sd/latest/

No special hardware is needed, just a USB cable if I recall correctly.
    Ok Thanks so much. Though should I stay with the good old 33GB SCSI hard-drive..

Oh Do I need a programmer or not...
    Last edited by britlord; 18th August 2016 at 16:23.

Country
    United States
    Region:
    California
    Feedback
    30 (100%)

Nope no need for a programmer, the SCSI2SD board has a micro usb port, so just connect it to your PC like you would a smartphone.

Country
    usa
    Region:
    Michigan
    Feedback
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by comraider View Post
    Nope no need for a programmer, the SCSI2SD board has a micro usb port, so just connect it to your PC like you would a smartphone.

Ok Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast