highpuff

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
Country
Sweden
Region
Vastra Gotaland
Apollo-TopImage.jpg

I have 0 of Apollo Voltage Regulators for Apollo 1260/4060 cards. They are built from quality components and are tested on a Apollo 1260 with a 68060 rev 6 at 80MHz to validate that it works.

As a bonus, a 5V+ (with GND of course) was added if you want to use a fan for example. The card is also prepared for adding a connector so you will be able to read the Thermal sensor of your 68060. I will do a example solution with a AVR (Arduino) later to show how it could work (not included).

ApolloVR-Info.jpg

The price I ask for this card is 9€/each + shipping (Paypal as gift).

ApolloVR-Mounted.jpg

FAQ:

Q: Why do I need a Voltage Regulator when I upgrade from 040 to 060?
A: The 060 needs only 3.3V while 040 uses 5.0V. If you connect your 060 without a Voltage Regulator you will damage your 060.

Q: Does it include an installation guide?
A: Sadly no, but the picture above shows how to install it on a Apollo 1260-card.

Q: How do I upgrade my Apollo 1240?
A: If you have the correct solderings tools/skills you can read more about it here: http://wordpress.hertell.nu/?p=474.

Last edited:
So this is really a 3.3V switching regulator. I can think of many other usage for a nice piece of hardware like that.

Does it only support 5V at input or is there a slightly wider range?

What is the current output limit ?

This might be exactly the component I need to make good quality scuba diving lamps.

Yes, the LDO itself supports up to 27V but this design is rated to max 25V "only". It has only been tested with 5V VCC.

Yes, the LDO itself supports up to 27V but this design is rated to max 25V "only". It has only been tested with 5V VCC.
That is an excellent range. I can't think of ever needing more than 14V on input.

However, you did not indicate the max current output which is the other critical information here.

The LM1085IS-3.3 itself is good up to 3A. I have not tried that much yet tho.

PM Replied

2016.09.05 - 2pcs shipped to tbtorro

Last edited:
Interest one, could you PM to me payment details. Shipping to Finland, so it shouldn't expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom