Sold Music Quest intelligent-mode MPU-401 ISA 8bit card clones (New Batch)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmes

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
285   0   0
Country
Portugal
Region
Amadora
This is my third batch of MusicQuest PC-MIDI IH9MQ9 clone cards , basically these are 100% Roland compatible MPU-401 interfaces - both intelligent and UART modes are supported without issues or extra programs/loaders/fixes/patches or similar stuff. These are ISA 8bit cards and work XT and AT class PCs , a pure hardware solution.
These cards, were tested with Music Quest diagnostic software, Gateway, Doom and Monkey Island games. They worked perfectly.
Cards go in a padded envelope, inside an antistatic bag. These will be my last batch.
They include the midi cable.

I have
0 new version cards available -> https://www.amibay.com/showthread.p...-(New-Batch)!!&p=885471&viewfull=1#post885471
Software, you can find on Vogons Drivers.
Hope you enjoy it if you buy, it's a very nice card to have, making your computer compatible with the most demanding midi hardware.

I will ask for this 125 Euros each with postage and paypal fees included .
Thanks for watching!

IMG_20160819_232705.jpgIMG_20160819_232717.jpgIMG_20160819_232841.jpgIMG_20160819_232947.jpgIMG_20160819_233002.jpg

playlist with more card tests: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TwzFx5LeKZ3aQS

Last edited:
Please check your ACPI on bios, you need to disable it in order to run this card correctly.
These are also for sale elsewhere.

Please check your ACPI on bios, you need to disable it in order to run this card correctly.
[...]

This is true for ss7 and above systems that have ACPI bios/option, even a real Roland MPU needs ACPI disabled.
Reason is because ACPI is hard-wired to IRQ9 - which is the same that the mpu401 standard uses. I guess one could get away by using another IRQ for the card but some older games expect it to be on IRQ 2/9 and they complain or do not play music if the interface uses other resources.

XT/286/386/486 systems are not affected by ACPI since they don't have it (maybe some really late 486 PCI boards have it but it would be such an early implementation that disabling it and falling back to APM would be a good idea anyways :LOL: )

I got one of those cards last run and it was a great solution for me since I wanted to use a SB Pro 2.0 and not have to have a second sound card to drive my Roland MT-32.

Works great with at the games I've tried it with.

Last edited:
I'm interested in one of these. In fact, I registered to Amibay specifically for this :)
PM to be sent soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom